Not Engaged Yet

Weekend?

2»

Re: Weekend?

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @bethsmiles That sounds wonderful! I hope you both have a good time. BF and I keep saying we're going to camping but it still hasn't happened.

• @Amapola14 - Have you tried using bamboo needles? It sticks better.
  • @keptinstitches wow that blanket is amazing!!!

Anniversary

• @Peaseblossom55 - Thanks! When I get my own blocked, I will be sure to AW.
  • @keptinstitches, I have not tried that. Haha, I am not the most serious crafter, so I am definitely not up to speed on what works best. Thanks for the tip, I'll try that during my break from school!
  • @Amapola14, make sure you get them on sale or with a coupon because they run around $8-$10 a pair. Bamboo's not cheap. I only upgraded because my grandma bought me my first 10 pairs or so for Christmas about 5 years ago.
  • phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Happy birthday weekend, @Imhollister!

@blue&white Colonoscopy I assume? :(

My weekend was supposed to be good, but not anymore. I've been having so much trouble getting out of bed these days; I'm always just SO SO SO tired. I've been trying to work from home on my qual proposal, but it's difficult to write and I've barely gotten half of it written. I have to finish getting all my ideas on paper, fleshing out the background, and making sure the experiments all make sense. And THEN I have to reorganize the whole thing, add in my citations, and add in my figures. Hardest thing I've ever written!

Tomorrow, I may or may not have dinner with a friend of mine so she can meet my partner. We might reschedule for next weekend so her fiance can make it. Sunday, I'm either visiting my best friend, or she's visiting me. Either way, we're probably going to catch up on Hell's Kitchen, and then watch some movies. I would feel so much more excited if 1) I were feeling less exhausted and 2) I didn't have so much work to do!

The GOOD news is that my chronic illness that's been flaring for over a year and a half is finally, FINALLY going into symptomatic remission!
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @Amapola14 - We are hoping for good weather too! There are a few predictions for rain though :(

• @phira yep a colonoscopy. My first one. I have a needle phobia and some extra anxiety since being in the er for dehydration twice this summer. I'm a basket of nerves and just trying to distract myself until tues is over :/

I'm actually doing a great job distracting myself though. So hopefully that holds true until Monday or so when the real prep begins
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • It's another horse show weekend. I'm not exactly feeling up to it, but it's for Bean. So I guess I'll suck it up and go stand around in the gross heat and humidity for 2 days. Yay.

I think I'm going to convince el Senor to stick around after Bean's classes to help him finish up while I head home to sleep.

"Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• @beanbot2002 - You've been sleeping a lot lately (well according to this and last weekend's recap)! Everything ok?

• Swazzle said:
    @beanbot2002 - You've been sleeping a lot lately (well according to this and last weekend's recap)! Everything ok?

yeah, just under the weather and beat to shit from work.
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• Swazzle said:
    @beanbot2002 - You've been sleeping a lot lately (well according to this and last weekend's recap)! Everything ok?

Aww ok! Feel better. I miss youuuuuuuuu!

• phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @blue&white

I've had two colonoscopies and a flex sig, and I can tell you, prep is easily the worst part. My first scope was when I was 21, and I was INCREDIBLY sick and terrified. Prep is very hard when you're sick (compared to routine scopes after age 50), since you're already so easily dehydrated. But once they get you in there, hooked up to saline, it goes pretty quickly and smoothly. Sedation helps (I had my flex sig sedated because no way are you doing that while I'm awake, hell no).

I won't pry too much, but I have ulcerative colitis (which is hitting remission after a very long flare up), so if you need someone to talk to, feel free to PM me!
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Swazzle said:
    Swazzle said:

Aww ok! Feel better. I miss youuuuuuuuu!
    Not nearly as much as I miss youuuuuuuuuu!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards