Wedding Woes

egrottegrott member
First Comment
edited July 2013 in Wedding Woes

Re: .

• egrott said:

...How horrible and rude is it to not invite a groomsman's wife?

Very rude.  You will be so busy with your other guests and activities, you won't even have to interact with her.
  • Don't do it.  And extraordinarily rude.

• NYCMercedesNYCMercedes member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited July 2013
    It's horrible and rude. It's also a slap in her face for you not to go to their wedding. We always tell posters to expect that acrimonious family members will suck it up and behave at their weddings. If I were your FI, I would expect you to suck it up and support me, and my good friend for a few hours. Flame me all you want, but as your FI, I'd want you to support my decision to be friends with my buddy.
  • Eh, I didn't go to a wedding that DH went to b/c of a horrible horrible history between the bride and I (she had asked me out of the wedding).  I supported him going and didn't make a fuss, but I wasn't going, period.

The etiquette issue is that this is a married couple, they're now a social unit.  You invite both of them.

• egrottegrott member
    First Comment

Good to hear. I fully support him going, and it was actually him who suggested I sit out as he knows how awful she is to me and doesn't want to put me in an uncomfortable situation.

We've both been on the fence about whether to invite her or not and at the end of the day etiquette is etiquette.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards