New Jersey

Any Wilshire Grand Brides?

My fiance and I are about to book the Wilshire Grand in West Orange for our wedding next year. We are wondering if anyone out there has any reviews about the venue.  We like how the wedding package includes a lot of food and won't break the bank. Our party will be around 160-170. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Any Wilshire Grand Brides?

• GB520GB520 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2013
     I hHven't heard of it but I just looked it up after reading your post looks nice. maybe I'll at it to my list to check out. Did you check wedding bee for reviews?
  • I'm not getting married at the Wilshire but I went to a wedding there this year.  It was nice that the hotel is connected.  We were able to check in and walk thru the hotel to get to the ballroom.  (It was freezing out the night we were there).  Staff there was helpful and accommodating.  We decided last minute to stay over night and were able to get a room at the room block price.

Cocktail hour space was very nice.  The food was good but since i'm allergic to shellfish I didn't have many options besides mashed potatoes and pasta.  That could have been how the bride and groom picked the menu.

We didn't care for the dinner.  I had chicken and my FI had the beef.  Neither one of us liked what we got and my FI will eat anything.  Again could have been what the bride and groom picked.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • sheilax3sheilax3 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited July 2013
    @GB520 We chose this venue mostly because of the price/cocktail hour. We're having 5 action stations, a martini bar, a couple of ice sculptures and even a v-table for a reasonable price.

@FutureMrsN3312 - OH NO! I'm starting to get worried about my food now. Do you know if the other guests were complaining about the cocktail hour? Hopefully it was just the selection that the B&G picked *finger crossed*.  As you mentioned, it's pretty convenient that the hotel is attached to the venue. We're saving money on a shuttle service and the ballroom is located in a separate wing from the hotel lobby.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @sheilax3...didn't mean to scare you lol. There was plenty of food just not a lot of variety.  Since I didn't look to have my wedding there I don't know what they offer.  But perhaps that's something to keep in mind.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • GB520GB520 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    OP I forgot last night, I looked up on here and there were two reviews. Thanks guys. Ugh my kindle is out of whack, please disregard my messed up typing.
  • Has anyone been to the Richfield Regency? I've read that the catering hall has the same food as the Wilshire Grand. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • silver0319silver0319 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited August 2013
    My parents used to attend an annual gala at the Richfield, and my parents looked forward to it every year.  My mom used to rave about the viennese table. I went to a wedding a few years ago that was catered by the Richfield, and the food was very good.  
    They host complimentary food tastings at their bridal shows; I think there is one this fall. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Thank you @silver0319. Your response brought a smile to my face. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards