August 2013 Weddings

Guestbook ideas

Jessica41381Jessica41381 member
First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
edited July 2013 in August 2013 Weddings
I have seen many different guest book ideas over the years and wanted opinions. Did you go with the traditional route or did you do something a little different?

We ended up deciding on a traditional guestbook for the older guests as my future in-laws don't think the older adults would be interested in our original idea. We are using a painting of a palm tree and having guests put their finger prints on it.

My amazing sil painted ours and I love it. ..
I don't know why the pic is sideways...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Guestbook ideas

• Ooo fun! We got a photo guest book with our e pics from Shutterfly.
  • Jessica41381Jessica41381 member
    First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited July 2013
    @Xstatic3333, I never even thought of that.. Great idea!
    . I just noticed my pic didn't work
  • We did a Shutterfly book with pictures of us through the years from childhood up until today.  We're not doing a slideshow, so it's like two in one.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Great ideas!
  • I have no idea what mine looks like, actually! My grandmother made one for me, but I haven't seen it yet. She made me a beautiful photo album for my shower and a wedding album, plus a family tree book ... so I know it'll be perfect no matter what she did. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    140 invited -- 118 are ready to party! -- 27 can't make it

• My father makes pottery so he is making clay hearts and glazing them and our guests will sign the back of them with words of wisdom and advice.  We plan on hanging them around our house and our tree at Christmas.    My dad told me to have a back up plan just in case they don't get fired in time so we will have everyone sign our cornhole boards we are having people play during cocktail if we can't do the hearts.  

Love the painting with the fingerprint idea.  Cool that your sil made it too!!

June Siggy Challenge: Fav. Engagement photo

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I did a painting as well. We found a frame at the thrift store, cut a piece of ply wood to fit it, stained the area where the tree was going to be, taped it off, painted the white outside, I painted the light blue heart with our initials and then we sealed the tree. Guests are just going to sign with sharpies in our colors.

imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Very cute idea!
  • Beautiful!
  • Love seeing what people are doing. Such cool ideas!

We have a tree theme running throughout our wedding and I wanted to honor my late Grandfather in a special way, so when I stumbled across this tree puzzle guestbook on Etsy, it became "the one". My Grandpa loved jigsaw puzzles and would roll through 3-4 1000+ piece ones a week sometimes (ah, retirement). I put my favorite picture of him and I when I was a toddler and a short explanation of the meaning behind the guestbook in a frame and will place it next to it this Saturday (eeekkk!) I should probably include a box of tissues too because no one knows about it and my Mom and Grandma might shed a tear or two. Can't wait! 
  • Awesome ideas!!!

We're having a destination wedding and love to travel so we have taken pictures from our travels over the years and turned them into post cards :)  Each person can fill one out and on our 1 year anniversary we are going to look back and read all the messages!

I call it guestbook-ish lol

• Awesome ideas ladies! I love them all
  • Ooo fun! We got a photo guest book with our e pics from Shutterfly.
    This!! LOVE Shutterfly!!
  • We are doing the fingerprint tree too!! FSIL is an artist and is painting the tree for us. Can't wait to see how it turns out!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • we used our epics for the guest book too. I'm also framing the note we received from the white house and Minnie and Mickey to place next to it.
    I love all your creative ideas too! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We got the Disney postcard too!  So fun :)
  • I am doing the Polaroid guest book! They will take pictures stick it on a page in the guest book and write a little note!
  • We are having Jenga pieces set out for our guests to sign 
  • I love all the ideas! I'm not a traditional guest book girl so all these ideas are fabulous!
  • Signing a cornhole board is an amazing idea! Something that would be practical as well. I wish we would have thought of that! We opted not to do one because I couldn't think of anything I would have really cared to have in my home. I'm counting on the photographer to get shots of everyone at some point and we will have the cards from gifts to remember as well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • turktobe said:
    We are having Jenga pieces set out for our guests to sign 

This is an awesome idea!!! 
  • We're doing wish cards instead of a book

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards