Chit Chat

Zarah- generic yasmin

Anyone been on Zarah and have not so great side effects?

Re: Zarah- generic yasmin

• Talk to your doctor about your pills.
  • Agree with pp. Bc is just like any other medication--just because I am allergic to penicillin doesn't mean you are, for example. I understand how frustrating birth control can be, because I had a lot of side effects including extreme anxiety and a nearly depleted sex drive, but never thought to talk to my doctor about switching. It's so so important tokeep your ddoctor apprised of how you feel so that they can make an educated recommendation for your body and your health.

Previously Alaynajuliana

• Just for the record, I've had issues with my birth control pills in the past, and I talked to my gyno about it, and straight up she asked me if there was a different kind I wanted to go on. I told her I wasn't sure, which would be best, bla bla, and she was like well, we can keep trying different ones, is there a particular one you'd like to try next? That was suuuuper helpful.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker whatshouldwecallweddings.tumblr.com
  • Emee that sucks. I've always had gynos who would recommend monos when I said I wanted to indefinitely skip my period, offer a lower dosage when my anxiety started, etc. Not necessarily a brand recommendation but a good lady doctor will recommend types.

Previously Alaynajuliana

• Wasn't yasmin pulled from the market after too many blood clots/deaths?

Anniversary

• You can use any mono bc to skip your period, under the supervision of a doctor of course. Sooo awesome not to have debilitating cramps, nausea and muscle weakness every month. Oh and also my panties. I don't ruin my panties.

Previously Alaynajuliana

• I was on yasmin for several years, ocella for one year and they were both great.  Got switched to zarah by the pharmacist.  (My pharmacy stopped carrying ocella and thought zarah would be fine.)   I sort of assumed the pharmacist knew what they were talking about  and went with it.  Zarah is the worst tho for me.  I have a dr's apt soon, and am going to switch.  I was just curious about the experiences of others.

• i was on yasmin for a few years before i switched to the nuvaring. yasmin was great, but i love the nuvaring better. i have nothing to offer regarding zarah. so therefore this post is useless and just me chiming in. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards