Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Who attends food tasting

Have any of you had or heard of the MOH attending the food tasting? Why and/or why not?

Re: Who attends food tasting

• Have any of you had or heard of the MOH attending the food tasting? Why and/or why not?
    Our food tasting was at a bridal event our venue was hosting.  Me, my DH, my parents and his parents attended.  Both sets of parents contributed so we invited them both.  There is no reason for the MOH to be there.  Many venues will only allow a certain number of people too.
  • Not something we did or that I've ever heard of. However, I don't think it's a bad thing if she offers to help with vendor appointments and you take her up on it. I would never require any BP members to come to that sort of thing, though.

DH and I were the only ones at our tasting - I'm a foodie while he is a bit more picky. Just having the two of us covered all our bases for our guests' potential range of preferences.
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I have not known a MOH to attend a tasting.  Venues more often than not limit the number of people allowed to attend a tasting.  Some venues will actually charge a fee for guests beyond the bride and groom to attend a tasting.  We attended the tasting with my daughter and his FI.  They also invited his parents, but only because they were allowed to bring up to 6 people at no cost.
  • It depends on the tasting situation.  For ours, we only got to have two people and it was at a set time.  I couldn't make it at the last minute, so H and my mom went. 

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I've never heard of anyone but the couple, and perhaps their parents if one or more of them are paying, attending a tasting.
  • doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    No, usually it is just the couple and perhaps their parents.  But if you want her opinion then you can bring her along if you want to.  
  • Our venue did things a little differently....once a month they'd basically put on a large tasting "event" for all of the couples who had upcoming events booked there.   They'd put out a spread of some of the most popular choices and things that couples had specifically requested. Each tasting offered different things so the idea was that after going to a couple of them you'd have a good idea of their entire repertoire.

We were allowed to attend up to 3 of these events and bring up to 4 guests each time. 

So because we were basically attending 3 all-you-can-eat functions with awesome food, we did bring our MOH and BM and some other people to tastings with us. Our parents who were paying were not local....if they had been we would have just brought them each time.

• I had my MOH, MOB, and MOG included in the cake testing with me.  My fiance doesn't really eat sweets, so he actually suggested it.

When it comes to the reception, we had myself, finace, MOB, FOB, MOG, FOG involved.  It was a fun way to get our parents together and just hang out.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards