Wedding Party

Can't get Bridesmaids to participate ..

I have 3 bridesmaids and my sister is my Maid of Honor. One of them when I asked told me up front, that since she lives around 5 hours away, she wouldn't be able to attend everything. No worries! I'm totally fine with that. The other two though, have rather ignored things my sister has been trying to do to get them all together to generally meet and talk about wedding stuff. She planned a fun night where we play with our hair at a salon, have drinks, ask tips and questions.. all free. Neither showed. (Still knowing my one wouldn't) Ok.. my sis emails them about starting to plan the bachelorette stuff... no response. She plans a MaryKay party so her and my mom plus the grooms mom can all meet and get to know each other. Dates get kicked around, no real input and .. no one shows. One claims to not have seen the final date.. even though she did actually comment with smiley faces in the thread.
We are having dresses made and I need their measurements. My long distance maid gets em to me the day after the text goes out. I measure my sis. Nothing from the others.. I text again after a week. I make it kinda cute and goofy. A few days go by and I get One response that she'll get them to me soon. 2 days and nothing. I really need to order these asap so we have time to work with!
Granted, we are all older, have families, and life gets crazy busy. But, I feel that if it were me, I would be there for my friend! She wanted me IN her wedding!
I'm bummed.. should I keep asking? Should I ask once more in a call and ask nicely if they would rather bow out and just Attend the wedding instead of be IN it?

Re: Can't get Bridesmaids to participate ..

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards