Just Engaged and Proposals

Do I need to have my only sister as MOH?

I have just one sister and I am on the fence of having her as my MOH because her and I aren't really that close.  We get along but she is so negative about everything.  Also I cringe at the fact that she would be planning my bridal shower and bachelorette party.  She would have absolutely no idea what she was doing.  I would rather have my friend since kindergarden be my MOH but I'm afraid of hurting anyones feelings and my family being mad at me.  Even if my sister wasn't my MOH she would still be a bridesmaid.

Re: Do I need to have my only sister as MOH?

• You don't have to have her as MOH. But even if she was, she has no obligation to plan showers or parties or do anything but show up in the agreed upon dress (after checking budgets) on your wedding day.
  • doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    If you aren't that close and you really want to have your friend be your MOH, to help you plan and to throw you showers etc., then just get your friend to be the MOH.  There's no point in making your sister it if you are going to be miserable and I doubt she is truly expecting to be the MOH.
  • You aren't obligated to have her as your MOH nor is she obligated to plan a shower to bachelorette party.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Don't choose your MOH based on who will throw you better parties.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I agree with pp, if you two aren't that close then she doesn't need to be in the wedding at all.  With her being such a negative Nancy it might save you some hassle.  If you think she will raise hell give her a minor role that would cause you the least amount of stress.
  • If you're on the fence about asking her, you're doing it wrong. You should not have to hem and haw about who to have as your MOH or in your wedding party at all. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • This could make both parties upset but you may want to consider haveing two maids of honor. Being a maid of honor is stressful. Brides maids usually work together.
  • I'm curious about this too - I was my twin sister's MOH, but her and I are a lot different and I feel she isn't as supportive, but that she is expecting to be my MOH.  My best friend is the closest person I've had in my life and my relationship and I would prefer her to be my MOH without pulling nerves in the family.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards