April 2014 Weddings

April 26 Honeymoon Advice!

Hi,

I would like some assistance in tips and ideas on a fascinating honeymoon. We are getting married on April 26 and would like to leave for our honeymoon April 28 - may 3. So anytime between those dates we would like to begin our honeymoon . Our honeymoon goals would be:

7-10 days

4-6k USD

Fly out of NY/NJ

We are between a couple ideas that would meet our budget and time restraints but our main ideas are as such:

Australia ?

Greek Islands or Italy ?

We have even thought of a Mediterranean cruise if the dates allow this ?

One of our other ideas are Costa Rica or Belize but we learned its the beginning of there rainy season?

We are a young couple about 30 years old that enjoy the beach but also like to do lots of activities. I wouldn't mind walking through Italy or Greece eating delicious food and sightseeing but on the other hand we would enjoy walking around a volcano, caves, zip lining, parasailing, and even jet skiing .Australia seems amazing with wildlife or visiting the coral reef for adventure but not sure if our budget or time period allows for this since its almost a 24 hours one way to Australia. We have been saving up and really would like to take advantage of having one memorable honeymoon that we can always remember.

Please any tips , ideas, or opinions would greatly be appreciated.

Re: April 26 Honeymoon Advice!

• We are tempted by New Zealand by its technically winter in the Southern Hemisphere then so we are not sure. And it's hurricane season in the Caribbean starting in may so keep that in mind too.

I think with your budget and guidelines you have a lot of options. You have to decide what would work best for you.
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • SBminiSBmini member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Frankly, you don't have enough time to go too far. I've been told that 13 days isn't enough for New Zealand, I doubt 7-10 days would be enough for Australia either. We have the same date as you, btw, and are currently looking at a tour of Spain. Probably Barcelona, Madrid, Cordova, Savilla and then a day or two in Marrakesh Morocco before heading home. It's going to be tight, though.

I think a cruise is a good option for a short honeymoon, but you will lose 2 days of travel time getting to and from Europe. South America may be a good option. You could do Machu Picchu and Galapagos in 7-10 days and there are tons of great tour options that are always on deal sites. That time of year is also at the tail end of the rainy season for South America, so weather should be fine.

• SBminiSBmini member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    We are tempted by New Zealand by its technically winter in the Southern Hemisphere then so we are not sure. And it's hurricane season in the Caribbean starting in may so keep that in mind too. I think with your budget and guidelines you have a lot of options. You have to decide what would work best for you.
    It's more fall than winter. I've been told that May is actually one of the best times to travel because the weather is mild  and it's off-peak which means there are good deals. It may not be the best for a beach vacation, but good for outdoor activities. 
  • When we looked at flights to Greece, it was ~2K so you're looking at almost half your budget just getting to Europe.
  • NZ is fine in April and May. In fact it's better than coming in the middle of summer! I was still wearing shorts and tshirts in June, but we had a late summer here. I'd recommend at least 2 weeks here, but you could do a lot in 10 days. It's a small country! It is also closer than Aussie if you go NY - LAX - NZ. About 17 hours flying all up. You can fly Dallas to Brisbane, and that alone is a 17 hour flight (my friend goes to Texas all the time).

If you have any NZ or Aussie questions just let me know. I've lived in both countries and have been to Aussie over a dozen times.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards