Honeymoon Discussions

Park City, Utah

FI and I booked our honeymoon to Park City Utah. Any suggestions on what to do if there isn't snow? It's early November so we maybe too early for snow.
We did rent a car and are flying into Salt Lake City, so short day trips could be a good option too. Luckily I had enough hotel rewards points to score a free week in Park City, so we can spend our money on activities and food :)

Re: Park City, Utah

• KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited July 2013

Go have a drink at the Stein Erikson lodge. Best hot chooclate ever, but its pricey. It has amazing views. It is ski in, ski out if there is snow.

There are some great hiking trails around Deer Valley. Park City has great restaurants, shopping and art galleries.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks...I will definitely check out Stein Erikson...it sounds awesome :)

Hiking sounds like a good plan as well. 
  • Hiking, fishing, mountain biking -- all are good in the area.  If you like to fish, it's a great place to fly fish.  I live in PC about three weeks every year and LOVE the town.  I know you'll enjoy it!

The Park City area resorts typically don't open until Thanksgiving weekend or the weekend before.  Depending on snow, other resorts such as Alta and Solitude might be open.  Both of these places offer phenomenal skiing, but they're a drive from Park City.

Places to eat in PC:
    High West Distillery (amazing small plates, one of the best burgers I've ever had, super cool atmosphere)  (they also offer a great tour in the afternoons of the distillery)
    Purple Sage Bistro (butternut squash ravioli is to die for)
    Wasatch Brew Pub has great fish tacos...random but true.
    The Montage and St. Regis are well worth the short drives to go have a drink and an appetizer.  The St. Regis has champagne sabering at sunset with all of the mountains in the background (stunning!) and the Montage does s'mores with homemade marshmallows every afternoon.  
    At night, everyone goes to No Name.  So should you.  :)
  • I live in Salt Lake, and it usually starts snowing late October around here. Nothing major, but Park City definitely gets more snow than SLC. There is a lot to do either way. Park City is beautiful. I've been to the Stein Erikson Lodge as well when they were doing a multi-course meal cooked in giant fireplaces - it was amazing and very romantic. Pricey, but the experience was one of a kind. If there's enough snow, they also do horse drawn carriage rides. If you have a rental car there are LOTS of great restaurants and bars in SLC (20 mins away). City Creek Mall is beautiful and I could recommend several restaurants. Even just driving through the mountains/canyons during November will be beautiful. Bring a nice camera! Let me know if you want more suggestions...
    Savanna
  • Thanks for the help everyone! Great suggestions. I have looked into some of them and will look into @slesli recent suggestions. 
  • Urgent-
    Guess what? I found an amazing deal for dinner at the Stein Eriksen lodge! You need to purchase the voucher in the next 2 days...I just bought one myself. Enjoy!

Savanna
  • Oh yay thanks :) !
  • How was your trip?
    Savanna
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards