Nevada-Las Vegas

Southwest/Early bird Check in

We did it the last time to make sure that we got on early and had room for my dress. I am just wondering is it worth it this time?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Southwest/Early bird Check in

• mnuppmnupp member
    Name Dropper First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    When are you traveling (flights on Tuesday mornings are much quieter that flights on Friday nights)? How much stuff are you carrying on? How far are you traveling?
  • I usually buy it if it's a flight longer than 3 hours and a time of the day/week or route that would typically have a lot of people buying it, because otherwise I end up in B group stuck in the back.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• We are leaving October 6 Sunday departing at 3:40 its a 4 hr flight returning on Friday the 11th departing at 4:10. We will have 1 carry on each, I am gonna try not to pack too heavy ;)  I probably will just pay the extra so I can have a window seat for sure.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Honestly I don't think you'll need to pay the extra.  Heading TO Vegas on a Sunday is not a high volume flight typically; everyone leaves Vegas on that day.  Same with the other direction, leaving Vegas on a Friday is also unusual unless there was a huge convention in town that week that is wrapping up.  Just set an alarm and get to your computer 24 hours and 2 minutes before departure and check in immediately at 24 hours and see what you get; you'll probably be A group and then you'll have a Window regardless since there's about 70 window seats.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Thanks. Yea we decided to stay during the week this time. I told my husband he was crazy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I always buy the early bird check-in. We have had early morning flights off-season that we check-in as soon as we can and still get a crappy place in line. For the peace of mind that it gives us (and the window seats!), we just do it! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards