Honeymoon Discussions

need honeymoon ideas

anyone have any suggestion to go for a 10 day honeymoon?

Re: need honeymoon ideas

• no more than 5,500, we like the beach and all inclusive packages. I live in Phoenix, AZ. We just want to relax and enjoy our time together Our wedding is in October of 2014 so we would need to go somewhere that is rather warm.
  • I live in Phoenix and recommend either Los Cabos or Cancun/Riviera Maya because of flights. There are not many options going out of Phoenix to the Caribbean, which stinks. However, there are some fabulous AIs in those places and because of the time of year, you can get some fantastic deals! Check out Secretsresorts.com for some great options in both Cabo and Riviera Maya.

• i am not opposed to connecting flights, although i would prefer to get there that day and not have to lodge somewhere for that night
  • Have you looked into all inclusive packages to Central America? Costa Rica and Roatan are very nice. I'd suggest Cuba, but if you're America I believe you can't go. I'm not sure though.
  • You can find all-inclusive resorts in the Dominican Republic, Mexico, Jamaica, Aruba, Antigua, St. Lucia, & Costa Rica. I highly recommend that you visit Costcotravel.com. They've got great package prices (hotel/airfare/transportation) for all-inclusive resorts. 
  • i am not opposed to connecting flights, although i would prefer to get there that day and not have to lodge somewhere for that night
    The problem with the flights is that they are red eyes going out to Charlotte or Philadelphia and then connecting to the Caribbean. If you don't mind a red eye, then it's not too bad!

• Check out cruises as well.
  • We did Costa Rica for our HM for that price. This year we are going to Sandals in St Lucia for around that price. There a 3 Sandals on St Lucia and you can use all the facilities.
  • We are also doing the sandals in st lucia for our honeymoon! It is in your price range. The flights for us are not so good with a layoever each way but, we are super excited about St. Lucia. Our neighbors just got back and they absolutly loved it.
  • We're going to Sandals St. Lucia in September this year. It was 4,600 total (we did get a few hundred off for being military.. but that would still be under your budget) 
     :) 
  • i will look into it ! thanks guys!
  • Everyone loves beaches, islands and resorts for their honeymoons but I want something different. I want to travel historical destinations such as the pyramid of Egypt. I dream that during the days of our honeymoon, my husband and me will have the chance to explore great destinations that we haven't reached before.
  • well i wouldn't recommend Egypt... its a little chaotic over there now 
  • We are doing Sandals St. Lucia in October :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • my fiance and i think we are going to do that! please let me know how you like it :) 
  • Sandals Royal Bahamian was where we went. We loved every second of it.
  • msgrinn said:
    Everyone loves beaches, islands and resorts for their honeymoons but I want something different. I want to travel historical destinations such as the pyramid of Egypt. I dream that during the days of our honeymoon, my husband and me will have the chance to explore great destinations that we haven't reached before.
    I grew up in Europe, so I got to knock a lot of the historical places off my list early on. Also, I wouldn't want to visit Egypt right now.. Yikes. 
    But the only reason we're doing St. Lucia is because we wanted to try an All-inclusive once in our lives. 
    We're MUCH bigger hiker/backpackers (from the Pacific Northwest so.. go figure :P ) so St. Lucia is a great "something different" for us. 
    Regardless, your comment is a little narrow-minded. There are plenty of people that want beach-type HM, yes. Absolutely. 
    There are also a lot of people that travel to amazing, historical places for their HM, or just on yearly trips (we are planning a Peru trip next year that won't be very relaxing) 
    We all have our reasons to picking the vacation we wish to enjoy.
  • For all of you who are going to St. Lucia, which Sandals did you stay at or would you recommend?
  • We've been to the Grande twice. Reviews and pics in link above my siggy pic.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards