Registry and Gift Forum

Shower gift and wedding gift given on the same day---one or two thank you cards?

I just had a very nice shower yesterday during which my aunt gave me some lovely shower gifts and at the same time gave me my wedding present early so that I don't have to deal with getting it home after the wedding.  When she gave it to me I put it aside and did not open it at the shower.  I have read on here that early wedding presents should be opened and thank you cards written promptly so FI and I will open the wedding gift today.  My question is when I am writing the shower thank you should I also write a separate wedding thank you and mail these at about the same time (possibly staggering them so they don't come on the same day) or is one thank you card OK for both the shower gifts and wedding present given the timing of them?

Re: Shower gift and wedding gift given on the same day---one or two thank you cards?

• KDM323KDM323 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I would send two separate thank you cards and send them a few days apart.
    *** Fairy Tales Do Come True *** Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • csuave said:
    I just had a very nice shower yesterday during which my aunt gave me some lovely shower gifts and at the same time gave me my wedding present early so that I don't have to deal with getting it home after the wedding.  When she gave it to me I put it aside and did not open it at the shower.  I have read on here that early wedding presents should be opened and thank you cards written promptly so FI and I will open the wedding gift today.  My question is when I am writing the shower thank you should I also write a separate wedding thank you and mail these at about the same time (possibly staggering them so they don't come on the same day) or is one thank you card OK for both the shower gifts and wedding present given the timing of them?
    Send one gift for each. Send them immediately. You don't have to wait until after the wedding to send TY cards.
  • jdblnnjdblnn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    Send seperate thank you notes.  
  • I'd send seperate thank you notes.
  • csuavecsuave member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    Thanks!  2 notes it is!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards