Attire & Accessories Forum

Difference Between Airbrush and Regular Makeup???

Is someone able to tell me (or better yet SHOW me) the difference between these options?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I don't wear a lot of makeup. No foundation, only a little concealer and some bronzing powder. However, I still want what we probably all want on our wedding day: flawless, natural and a LITTLE more defined for pictures.

I will, of course, be going for a trial but even an airbrush trial costs more than a regular trial so I'd like to be a bit more knowledgable on the topic before I make my choice.

Would love to see anyone's pictures of their makeup (airbrush or regular) or hear your personal experiences with one or the other

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Difference Between Airbrush and Regular Makeup???

• I don't have any pictures, however I will say I thought for sure I would be doing airbrush.  Everyone always raved about it.  I had my trial and hated it.   I then had it redone with traditional and it was much better.  I had it done early in the morning to ensure it lasted all day (big concern of mine as longevity is usually mentioned as being better for airbrush, not traditional) and it did. 

I think everyone is different and you may need to try both to determine what works best for you.

• There are tons of discussions about this. If you do a search for "airbrush makeup" in the top right corner (make sure you select "Wedding Boards" from the drop down so you can get the threads on other boards as well), you'll get a lot of opinions.  

I think you'll find that there are good arguments for both. It really is a personal preference, so I highly recommend a trial. If you're not used to a lot of make-up, you might want to try both to see what feels better. I know it's expensive, but I think it's worth it to make sure you feel comfortable and most like your best self on your wedding day. 
  • I've followed alot of the airbrush vs traditional makeup threads around here because I virtually never wear makeup and needed some guidance on what was right for me.  I feel like the recurring theme whenever this comes up is airbrush works well for people with clear skin.  If you have blemishes, such as acne scars, airbrushing is so light it won't help to conceal them and may end up accentuating them. 
  • Ven&Radio said:
    I've followed alot of the airbrush vs traditional makeup threads around here because I virtually never wear makeup and needed some guidance on what was right for me.  I feel like the recurring theme whenever this comes up is airbrush works well for people with clear skin.  If you have blemishes, such as acne scars, airbrushing is so light it won't help to conceal them and may end up accentuating them. 

I have pretty clear skin and I found the airbrush was much heavier.  The traditional was able to blend better and just create a more natural look. 

I agree with PP....I'd try each and see what you like better....it's expensive, but you want to make sure you look your best on one of the most photographed days of your life!

• Airbrush is more flawless than regular makeup application. I personally would go with airbrush as it lasts longer and is lighter. Coverage can be controlled depending on how much you actually need. Regular makeup can come off easier. Usually, MUAs recommend airbrush for weddings, it's great for pictures as well. I have an airbrush machine at home and can definitely tell the difference between airbrush and regular makeup application. It's more expensive to do airbrush for the wedding so definitely do a trial for both to see what you like best. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • OK...some great opinions. Thanks so much folks.

I have clear skin but its also quite dry and anytime a MUA has tried to put foundation on me (which is NOT often) it cracks and makes me look old, even though it doesn't look like this if its left makeup free. I guess this is my concern with both applications, I just want my skin to look flawless and even and not dry and cracked.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If they prep your skin, use a primer and the right foundation for you it shouldn't look cracked or dry. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I've tried both, and even though the airbrushing looks more flawless, I didn't like the way it felt on my face. Personally, I'm in love with BareMinerals. It's long lasting, light, and does a great job of hiding imperfections. 
  • regular makeup

airbrush

hope that helps
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards