Not Engaged Yet

I'm back

Hey guys, hopefully you remember me! I have barely posted in the past 3 months because I got a new job. If you remember, I was VERY excited about said job, and very happy to be leaving my old one. Well...the new job was not what I thought it would be. I worked 60-85 hours per week through all of June, with only 1 or 2 days off that whole month. For the past 5 weeks, I've worked no less that 60 hours per week, and up to 15.5 hours in a single day. No overtime, no lunch break, and absolutely no respect or appreciation. It's a small business and my boss was the owner, director, and HR person. She was also likely bi-polar and would go from laughing maniacally to screaming within a few minutes. I was miserable and exhausted. After much thought, on Friday evening I sent an email to the co-owner announcing my resignation. I did not give 2 weeks notice. I am sure it was the right thing to do for me, because I couldn't even fathom making it through the another few weeks, nor would I even have time to look for jobs while working at the old one, but I'm still feeling kinda lost and scared right now. I have the support of my mom and my boyfriend, who both know I don't make rash decisions.

I am now job-hunting like crazy. A friend of mine helped me revamp my resume yesterday and I feel really good about it. Please keep your fingers crossed for me that I find my way to something better!

Okay, enough about me. I can't wait to read everything that's been going on with all of you (after I apply to a few jobs, of course)!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: I'm back

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards