Not Engaged Yet

School

2»

Re: School

• Also, there are applications (I have SelfControl for Mac) that help you stay focused by letting you blacklist or whitelist specific websites for a predetermined amount of time. I've been using it to write my qualifying exam: I put on an hour-long playlist, I tell SelfControl to block sites on my blacklist for an hour, and all of a sudden I become a prolific writer.

Needless to say, TK is on my blacklist because I get soooo distracted.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • phira said:
    Also, there are applications (I have SelfControl for Mac) that help you stay focused by letting you blacklist or whitelist specific websites for a predetermined amount of time. I've been using it to write my qualifying exam: I put on an hour-long playlist, I tell SelfControl to block sites on my blacklist for an hour, and all of a sudden I become a prolific writer.

I totally need that. TK is going to prevent me from getting my thesis done!

• phira said:
    Also, there are applications (I have SelfControl for Mac) that help you stay focused by letting you blacklist or whitelist specific websites for a predetermined amount of time. I've been using it to write my qualifying exam: I put on an hour-long playlist, I tell SelfControl to block sites on my blacklist for an hour, and all of a sudden I become a prolific writer.

I totally need that. TK is going to prevent me from getting my thesis done!
    All I can think of is thank GOODNESS we're planning on getting married well before I have to even start my thesis. I've also strategically planned my qual so it's right when we're getting engaged, and I can wedding planning without it hanging over my head.

I don't know what the similar app is for PCs, but I can dig it up if anyone wants it!
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards