September 2013 Weddings
Options

Getting a Little Nervous at My To-Do List...

Looking at the list of stuff to do before the wedding and for some reason the fact that it's a month, a week and a half away is starting to freak me out.  I'm over-the-moon about marrying my fiance, but there's still so much to do!  I know I'll get through it and the most important part, marrying him, will happen but now I'm worried about cake toppers, and ribbon for the cake and all the little minute details that I'll prolly never remember without help of pictures.  Anyone else feeling this?

Re: Getting a Little Nervous at My To-Do List...

• Options

I know the feeling but what I started to do was keep a running list of all those "things" (even a notepad next to my bed).  I put it all into Evernote so it's always with me (on my phone, PC, ipad) and I can cross off when I take care of it, or make an appt on my calendar for when I need to handle it, or end up just deleting it when I realize it's not really necessary.  Also, just DO the things that seem the most annoying and you'll be surprised as to how simple they were to get done.

Good luck!!

jb 9/17/13

• Options
    That's probably a really good idea. I started jotting down some of the stuff on a notepad.  Hopefully with my mom and sister in town for a couple days they can help me tie some of this stuff up!
  • Options
    MajideMajide member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment

Yep, I am getting nervous too!  My wedding is September 7th, and I still don't have things like the garter, veil, toasting flutes, cake knife/server, or guest book!  Heck, my fiance still can't even decide on suits, and I can't settle on things with the florist yet.

I've got a couple lists up next to my monitor at work now, lists on my phone, lists everywhere.  I just need to get out there and go shopping for these things and get it over with.  I'm just not good at shopping :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
     I made a giant to-do list and divided it into what month/week/date we need to do things (ex, July to-dos, August to-dos, and week before to dos by date).  It feels good to cross things off and helped me feel organized!

• Options
    Wow, checkout our countdowns...I remember when it was 'one year to go!'.  The time really does fly!
  • Options
    I am feeling it too - Sept 21 is now less than a month.  Eek!  This weekend I have to assemble the programs.  Our deadline for responses was yesterday and we haven't heard from a bunch of people, of course.  If I don't email, call, or print/make something every day, I start feeling anxious.  But, I am trying to keep the big picture in mind as I deal with all of these things...and then I smile.
  • Options
    Tell me about it, my ticker says it all: 2 weeks and 2 days to go!  My RSVP deadline is the 24th and I haven't heard back from 30ish people.  I just got one of the major things I was stressing about taken care of yesterday.  I'd feel better if I knew how our priest is doing after he was thrown from a horse a couple weeks ago...
  • Options
    I agree, I feel there is so much left to do. We still haven't planned the menu or the rehearsal dinner. Our priest is out on medical leave so we can't plan the ceremony until she is back. We haven't received all the RSVPs yet either and one of our groomsmen is MIA. I'm so stressed!
  • Options
    Luckily my in laws decided to take on the rehearsal dinner.  All I had to do was come up with a list of relatives for soon-to-be MIL.  And I ordered our cake topper last night.  Weirdly, that helped calm me down a lot, even though it's a little thing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards