Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Second set of engagement photos?

We had our engagement photos taken on Sunday. It did not go well, and I don't want that photographer to photograph our wedding. The company has other photographers so they said they will find us someone else.

When we get a new photographer would it be weird to have another engagement session?
I'm really worried about not working with the photographer before the wedding, especially since we really didn't click with the last one but we didn't know that until he was photographing us. Also we aren't getting the photos from the session, and we were really looking forward to having some nice photos of us together.

Thoughts?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Second set of engagement photos?

• Options
    We had our engagement photos taken on Sunday. It did not go well, and I don't want that photographer to photograph our wedding. The company has other photographers so they said they will find us someone else.

When we get a new photographer would it be weird to have another engagement session?
    I'm really worried about not working with the photographer before the wedding, especially since we really didn't click with the last one but we didn't know that until he was photographing us. Also we aren't getting the photos from the session, and we were really looking forward to having some nice photos of us together.

Thoughts?
    This sounds annoyingly time consuming. So you had a session and you don't get the photos from it? I think if you guys don't click well, hopefully you can find another one. I'm assuming since you don't get the photos from this session, then another session or mini session to make sure you mesh with the next photog isn't too crazy. I wouldn't be surprised if they charged you a little more.
  • Options
    Extra info - The session would only be an hour. I'm not sure why they would charge me more - The rate is set and there was no fault with either party, we just (really) didn't click and I wasn't comfortable continuing with the photo session.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If you plan to use the same company, I would tell them about your experience. Ask if you can meet with several of their staff in person and pick the one you like. It's important that you like your photographer on your wedding day. As for a second set of photos. Totally up to you. My guess is that if you tell them about your experience and commit to using them for the wedding, they'll re-do the photos.
    *********************************************************************************

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards