Honeymoon Discussions

Packing

So i'm starting to pack up everything at my parents house and I have my big suitcase out to make sure I don't pack up anything I want to take on the honeymoon. I started thinking about it and i'm not sure if i should treat this like a normal vacation and pack what i normally would or do i just pack sexy stuff or just honeymoon stuff. What are you guys doing and how soon are you starting to pack?

Re: Packing

• Treat it like a normal vacation.  Just because it is a honeymoon does not mean that you won't still need your normal items like bathroom products, going out clothes, bathing suits (depending upon where you are going), camera, shoes, etc that you typically take with you when you go on a trip.

Of course feel free to pack some extra sexy time stuff but really what you should be packing should coincide with where you are going and what you may need when you get there.

And as for when we started to pack, well H and I packed for our HM the day after our wedding which was the day before we left for our HM.  I just didn't feel like thinking about packing the few days prior to the wedding...I few other things on my mind :)

• So i'm starting to pack up everything at my parents house and I have my big suitcase out to make sure I don't pack up anything I want to take on the honeymoon. I started thinking about it and i'm not sure if i should treat this like a normal vacation and pack what i normally would or do i just pack sexy stuff or just honeymoon stuff. What are you guys doing and how soon are you starting to pack?
    I packed what I would normally pack on a vacation.
  • I like to pack for vacations about a week early so I have time to take stuff out - I always tend to overpack at first. I'm definitely taking more sexy time stuff than I would for a normal vacation. You still need everything you'd regularly need for a vacation - toiletries, clothes, shoes, bathing suits, medicine, etc. The one difference for my HM is I'm packing some little laundry soap packets so I don't have to pack as many clothes as I usually do, but then again I have never gone on a 2 week vacation (except as a kid....and then my mom took care of washing my clothes!).
  • itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment

Everything depends on where you're going and for how long.

DH & I went on a cruise, so we had to pack LOTS of extras since there isn't a Walgreens, CVS, or Target at sea. Snacks, extra clothes (layering pieces), a travel version of our medicine cabinet. We started 2 weeks in advance and had several lists.

If you're going to a major tourist destination in the US, you'll really just need to pack your basic day-to-day items and clothing. There will be stores and malls nearby to pick up anything you "forgot".

• We are going to panama city, florida
  • itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    We are going to panama city, florida

I'm pretty sure you'll be fine with packing "as normal"

A day outfit and a night outfit for each day, a couple of pairs of sandals, your beauty regime and toiletries.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards