Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Bridal Shower Help

I wasn't thrown an engagement party, I had to plan my own bachlorette party, and now I am afraid I won't be thrown a bridal shower either. It's really not about the gifts! I just feel like I am missing out on important events leading up to my wedding on 12-28-2013. My MOH and bridesmaids all live in different states so I don't think any of them would be able to throw me one since they aren't coming back until the 26th. How should I hint/ask for one? Some people are saying to wait until at least 6 weeks before the wedding to be expecting a shower but what if I wait until the week before and then, again, nothing happens?

Re: Bridal Shower Help

• Options

Wait to see if a family member or local friend decides to host one for you. Unfortunately this is one of the sacrifices you make when asking people who live out of town to be in your bridal party. I know the parties are fun, but to ask them to pay for the trip 3 times (bridal shower, bachlorette party & wedding) plus hosting the events is not fair to them unless you are going to be paying their travel expenses.

Typically bridal showers are held 6 weeks before a wedding, Bachlorette parties are typically done 1-4 weeks to the wedding. So give people around you some time. You don't know what they may be planning. If you don't have a Bridal shower, it won't be the end of the world. Yes it will be missed, but it won't ruin your wedding day, if you don't let it.

• Options
    I wasn't thrown an engagement party, I had to plan my own bachlorette party, and now I am afraid I won't be thrown a bridal shower either. It's really not about the gifts! I just feel like I am missing out on important events leading up to my wedding on 12-28-2013. My MOH and bridesmaids all live in different states so I don't think any of them would be able to throw me one since they aren't coming back until the 26th. How should I hint/ask for one? Some people are saying to wait until at least 6 weeks before the wedding to be expecting a shower but what if I wait until the week before and then, again, nothing happens?
    You can't throw your own party, and you can't ask for people to throw you a shower. You do nothing. Getting engaged and married does not mean you are entitled to these parties. It would be nice if the bridesmaids hosted but they aren't required to. My cousin wanted to throw me a shower and she did.
  • Options
    I had no engagement party and no bachelorette. It's unfortunate, but ok.
  • Options
    Not everyone gets pre-wedding parties. It's not the end of the world. Focus on the marriage ahead. That's something to be excited about. :-)
  • Options
    These parties are gifts given by those who want to/can afford to give them. You are not entitled to them. I did not have an engagement party and I doubt I will have a bachelorette, and it's ok.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards