Wedding Reception Forum

father/daughter- grand March

Hello all!
I'm really having trouble finding a song for the father daughter dance. I had a song picked out but my dad is worried it's a little too fast for him :-(.

Also the grand March. From reading some other boards, I think the grand March is a regional thing, but I could be wrong! ! Anyways, I can't decide how to go about it. Have a song play as the party comes out and a different one for me and FI? I was thinking of having each couple pick their own song to walk out to (just a 30 Second clip of it). My brother and sis in law did that and I liked it. But I'm still not certain!

And suggestions appreciated!

Re: father/daughter- grand March

• milosh5 said:
    Hello all! I'm really having trouble finding a song for the father daughter dance. I had a song picked out but my dad is worried it's a little too fast for him :-(. Also the grand March. From reading some other boards, I think the grand March is a regional thing, but I could be wrong! ! Anyways, I can't decide how to go about it. Have a song play as the party comes out and a different one for me and FI? I was thinking of having each couple pick their own song to walk out to (just a 30 Second clip of it). My brother and sis in law did that and I liked it. But I'm still not certain! And suggestions appreciated!
    What is a grand march and what region are you from?

Anniversary

• A grand march is where the WP is introduced into the reception, couple by couple. Maybe it is a regional thing. I've never been to a wedding without one. I'm from WI.

OP, we are doing 1 song for the WP (Sharp Dressed Man) and another for us (Apple Bottom Jeans).

As for the father/daughter dance, we're dancing to Daughter by Rufus Wainwright.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards