Snarky Brides

To link or not to link?

allispainallispain member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
edited July 2013 in Snarky Brides
What is your opinion on putting the link to your wedding pictures up on facebook for people to see? I am considering doing this in part because we had a relatively small wedding, and there are a lot of people who have asked to see the pictures who weren't guests at the wedding. However, I'm also considering the tacky factor (as well as whether or not it's rude to post them, when most of my facebook friends were not at the wedding). Your thoughts and feedback would be greatly appreciated!

I'm covering my bases with the "no" options :-)

To link or not to link? 43 votes

There's nothing wrong with putting the link on facebook. Do it!
97% 42 votes
Don't do it because it's tacky.
0% 0 votes
Don't do it because it's rude.
2% 1 vote
Don't do it because it's both tacky and rude.
0% 0 votes

Re: To link or not to link?

• I don't think there's a problem with it. You're posting pictures of an event after it occurred. It's not like having a daily countdown to your wedding as your status, linking to your registry, or putting up wedding ideas for all your friends to see.
  • Any other event you would post a photo album. That would take forever with wedding pictures. 
  • I always enjoy seeing my friends' wedding pictures, even if I wasn't invited to the wedding. I don't think it's rude or tacky.

• I have no problem with this. I, like PP's, like to click through wedding photos.

The only time I think it's obnoxious is when ladies upload round of pictures after round of pictures with captions like "Best day ever!!!!!!"
  • I always enjoy seeing wedding pictures, even if I wasn't invited.
  • Thanks for the feedback ladies!
  • Nothing wrong with it I love seeing wedding pictures even if I wasn't invited!

Anniversary

• I think that posting it once is fine, or an additional posting on another person's wall, but if you put it on EVERYONE'S wall or post it MULTIPLE times (which you don't really seem like you intend on doing! :)) then it goes into rude/AW territory.

Your plan seems to be in the clear.
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I say go for it!  Just post it once on your wall, and then those who want to look through it will. 

• The only time it annoys me is if the bride (or sometimes the groom) has already put EVERY.LITTLE.DETAIL. on facebook.  Here is a picture of us stuffing envelopes...  X days until we get married...  Have you sent your RSVP in yet?  By the time the wedding pictures are posted (after all of the sneak peaks that were posted as well) I just don't care anymore.

If you have kept most of your wedding off of Facebook I see nothing wrong with posting a link to the wedding pictures.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards