Arizona-Phoenix

Newly engaged! Hello :)

Hello, everyone! I've been engaged for a little over a week! We have already started the planning process and are considering next fall in 2014. It's very exciting, but just a little overwhelming. Who would've thought there was so much to plan. lol. We haven't found a inclusive package that fits our budget yet, but we are still looking. We may just book the ceremony and reception and use our own vendors. I think we will know more once we choose the venue! Happy planning everyone!

Re: Newly engaged! Hello :)

• I would definitely find a venue that allows you to bring your own vendors in! while the "inclusive" package may be less stressful it is also less personal. Find vendors that suit your style, its your day and it shouldn't have to be a "cookie cutter" type wedding. If you have any questions i am more than happy to help :) i am getting married next fall as well! good luck!
  • Congrats and welcome! Not all all-inclusives are cookie-cutter-you just need to shop around. What part of the valley are you looking in?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you for the welcomes! We are actually open to just about anywhere. East Valley, North Valley, West Valley (Scottsdale, Gilbert, Mesa, Phoenix, Flagstaff, Cave Creek etc). We opened a email account for wedding only purposes and have already emailed around 30+ venues. The next step is to go through them and eliminate those that are going to be far out of our budget and then schedule appts. with the others for tours.
  • There are several nice golf courses in the west valley that have good prices. If you're open to Chandler, I was just at an open house at Iron Oaks golf course. The facility is lovely and their prices are very reasonable. Arizona Golf Resort in Mesa, The Views at Superstition, also in Mesa, has good prices also.
      There's a new venue out here called Superstition Manor that seems nice, and finall Tre Bella in downtown Mesa is an all-inclusive with very good prices. If you're willing to get married in June/July/July/August, there are lots of deals to be found.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for the information. I'll check out those venues you suggested, we are open to Chandler. I got some more replies from venues today and will be sorting through those as well. Tre Bella is out for us. We attended a wedding there not that long ago and it just wasn't for us. Right now we are set on the fall, we are looking into October, but if we find a place up north in the Sedonda/Flagstaff area then we will be open to June/July/August. We want a outdoor ceremony and indoor reception, and we all know how Phoenix can be in the summer lol.
  •  Ah. Sedona can get expensive.
    I definitely recommend Arizona Golf Resort. They have 2 different outdoor ceremony areas, and the food is actually quite good. They have open houses a couple of times a year-call and ask hen the next one will be.
          We aren't using it as FI'sfamily prefers a larger choice of hotels-they are almost all OOT.
         You might try Verrado in the West valley, and Anthem Golf Club just did a big mailing.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Look into Lavender and Old Lace :) its gorgeous there :)
  • Thanks everyone. :) I got the packages from Anthem & Verrado already, I just need to sort through the package itself. I looked up Lavender and Old Lace, and it looks beautiful I sent them a request for packages. We are hoping to start viewing within 2 weeks and have the venue signed for by September so we can move on to the next task!
  • @ashly744 I got married at Anthem golf & country Club.. The venue is beautiful and the coordinator there are great.. Kathy & Wendy.. Before we chose anthem, I think we looked at 15 other venues.. I wanted an outside ceremony with indoor reception.. Blackstone Golf & country club was beautiful.. Encanterra country club, Seville golf & country are also georgeos.
  • Congrats!! Its a lot of work and you will go through happy tears and sad tears but just know there is a LIGHT at the end of the tunnel. 
    '
    Mine is June so its coming up fast!!!

If you need any referrals let me know :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards