New Jersey
Options

Seamstress/Tailor for Bridesmaid Dress

Hello everyone!

I'm Karen.  I'm going to be a bridesmaid for a friend who lives out of state.  My dress recently arrived and needs to be altered.  Do any of you have recommendations for a place to go for alterations?  I think I just need the straps taken up, but they have chiffon ruffles.  So way less complicated than a bridal gown, but more complicated than your average dress.

I am in the Fair Lawn area of Bergen County.  Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

The dress: http://www.watters.com/Product/WtooDresses/916/#Colors:plum

Re: Seamstress/Tailor for Bridesmaid Dress

• Options
    jaz3088jaz3088 member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary First Answer
    edited August 2013

Rainbow Cleaners & Tailors in Bogota - (201) 488-1822.......Ask for Anna, she's great! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I would suggest a local dry cleaner as well. I don't have any specific recommendations, but visit one and ask for an estimate.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• Options
    I'm in the same situation! Except I'm the bride and my bridesmaids need to find a tailor. We're in the same area as you (purchased their dresses at Bijou Bridal on 17 in Paramus) so let me know if you find a good seamstress! :)
  • Options
    Hi!  I was wondering if you ever found a tailor in the area?   I'm in the same situation.  I just got my dress and my sister's wedding in in 5 weeks.  I'm getting desperate.  I'm new to Fair Lawn and I don't have anyone who can recommend a place.
  • Options
    I used a very experienced and trustworthy seamstress who works from her home. Her name is ZARA and she lives by Spring Valley Road in Paramus. Her number is 201-655-3632. Her prices are more reasonable than most other store seamstresses/tailors. Tell her Michelle sent you! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards