Snarky Brides
Options

Some day you just have to cry

An unsupportive mom will ruin you day every single time. I am doing my best not to be selfish and say :This is my day and I can do what I want" But that is all I want to say to my controlling, bitter, b**ch of a mother. 

Re: Some day you just have to cry

• Options
    GlassButtonGlassButton member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited August 2013

An unsupportive mom will ruin you day every single time. I am doing my best not to be selfish and say :This is my day and I can do what I want" But that is all I want to say to my controlling, bitter, b**ch of a mother. 

I think you should talk to your mother about it. I know you might not want to but it sounds like you really should. Try your best to keep yourself controlled and calm when you do.

ETA: I know some dont like wedding bee but what this bed wrote might be helpful to you. It discusses why you shouldn't discuss things that aren't on a need to know basis with everyone.

http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/advice-for-newly-engaged-bees#axzz2apWpQ4ON
  • Options

Why are you talking to her about your wedding if she's an unsupportive bitch?

Pay for your own wedding and plan it with your FI.

Sorry your mom is mean.

• Options
    From what you've posted before: You and FI are paying for 100% of the wedding. You want your parents to be involved in planning, crafting, etc. Your mom has not been nice about wedding stuff. 

I know everyone said this in your last thread about your mom being unsupportive, but I can't emphasize it enough. Stop talking wedding with her. If she offers suggestions say "that's nice, I appreciate your idea. we'll think about that when we decide on cakes/flowers/attire/etc." and don't engage. It sounds like it's ripping you apart and that's no way to be planning your wedding. Leave the haters out of it - even if it's your mom. Plan with your FI and let him brighten your day. :)
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    Ditto southernbelle. If you and FI are paying, don't worry about her opinion. Try not to let all the negativity get to you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Amen to all of the above.  I am 50 and it's taken me this long to finally be my own person.  Now that  I have, I truly feel much better and happier.  And I am a much nicer person, soon to be wife, and mother to my own three.

Don't wait as long as I have:  Do you own thing, you don't need your mom's blessing!!!

Be strong and hugs!

• Options
    Wonderful advice above. Leave your mom out of your planning if she's making you sad or stressed about the wedding. Just let her know what you've decided is set in stone and if she wants to help, rather than offering conflicting opinions, she should help you along the path you already decided.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards