Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Hey, Soul Sister- Train

I really like this song and I love the words, especially for a wedding.  I want to incorporate it into my ceremony- I haven't planned any other ceremony music yet, and I'm getting married outside at my venue, not in a church, so I can really play whatever.  Do you think it fits better as the processional or recessional?  And should the other music then also be contemporary music, or do people mix up contemporary music and traditional songs?
Thanks for your ideas!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Hey, Soul Sister- Train

• Options
    I'm using this song for our Grand Entrance into the reception. I just love how upbeat it is!

If you want to use it for your ceremony, I would think it would be better as the recessional because of how upbeat it is.

And I'm doing a mix of contempoary and traditional. My bridal party is walking down to an instrumental version of "Fireflies" by Owl City, I'm walking down to "Canon in D" and our recessional is "Today was a Fairy Tale" by Taylor Swift. So I'm just all over the place! But it fits me and FI, and that's what matters.
  • Options
    I agree with PP, this song would make a great recessional because it is so upbeat!!! I am having a mix of contemporary and classical songs, but they are all being played on a harp so they will blend well together. It is also a great song for a reception entrance!! Have you hard their "marry me" song by train? It's really pretty too!!! youtube it if you don't know it! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Mix of it all at my reception. Classical for the wedding, upbeat for the dancing.  probably some 60's, 70's etc. in there too.
  • Options
    I'm having the same problem in a way.  I wanted to have a little fun with my wedding so I thought of 2 songs for the processional Soul Sister the same as you or Signed Sealed and Delivered by Stevie Wonder.  I love both songs for it so I'm letting my uncle who is walking me down the aisle decide.  Hopefully he doesn't look at me and say I'm crazy. I honestly don't think that your music has to be contemporary or traditional.  It's your wedding and your decision play the songs that make you happy along with your fiance of course
  • Options
    I was actually listening to this song the other day thinking about the very same thing!!!!

Yes, It could be a recessional, but really I almost was thinking of using it for the bridal party processional myself. To me your wedding day is supposed to be something that makes you so happy you want to literally want to dance! So who says you have to walk slowly down the aisle to an instrumental? I say use it however you want, and if you feel like you want a happy and up beat processional I bet this song would create a really awesome energy with everyone there, and that no one would be able to wipe the smile off their faces for the entire ceremony!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards