Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Cookie Table? Or No Cookie Table

I need some help! I overthink everything, but I also worry ALOT about inconveniencing others (& yes i know, i need to get over it).  

Our wedding is Friday 12.27 ... 2 days after Christmas.  I was planning a cookie table ... but last night I realized... people may be sick of cookies since its the Holidays!  

What do you guys think?  I dont want to have people baking tons of cookies, on top of the cookies they are already baking for the holidays, you know?  And of course I have someone that I can pay to make them, but I'm still back at the question - are people going to want them? 

anticipated guests: 180 (guest list is 230)
We're doing cupcakes instead of cake

Re: Cookie Table? Or No Cookie Table

• Options
    You know, I kind of agree that people here expect them and love them. And that's a reason to keep the cookie table. 

We decided not to do one just because there's so.much.food at our wedding and we had our heart set on favors instead, but I cannot imagine a Pittsburgher thinking that "Oh, we just did holiday cookies" would be a reason to not want to eat more of them! It's a tradition! 
  • Options
    You could always just take leftover cookies from all of the holiday parties and freeze them until your wedding. Lol. Seriously though, I do feel it is expected. It's such a long-standing tradition.
  • Options
    Yeah, I totally agree - it is absolutely expected.    Guess I'll rally the troops to bake me up some cookies!  Thanks ya'll!
  • Options
    You know, I kind of agree that people here expect them and love them. And that's a reason to keep the cookie table. 

We decided not to do one just because there's so.much.food at our wedding and we had our heart set on favors instead, but I cannot imagine a Pittsburgher thinking that "Oh, we just did holiday cookies" would be a reason to not want to eat more of them! It's a tradition! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards