New York-Hudson Valley

wedding favors crisis

Hi fellow brides.

First, I must admit that I feel terrible posting this so last minute, having not been active on this community, but we have a crisis with our wedding favors. And I'm hoping that someone out there can help! We ordered what seemed lilke lovely personalized chocolates for our wedding this weekend. They just arrived at the hotel and when they opened the box they were melted and/or looked a strange white color.

Our guests begin arriving this Wednesday. We would love to get another batch of custom chocolates, our first vendor will not have them in time.

We just need a creative, nice sweet addition to our guest's welcome basket. Preferably somewhere local in Westchester, however we don't mind going to the city. At this time, we had no budget and would like to get something soon.

THanks so much,
Tina :)

Re: wedding favors crisis

• I don't know if they can help you out or not, but I've gotten items from Joseph's Chocolate Chalet in Briarcliff (I believe it's on North State Road, though the store is on the corner of Rt 9/Albany Post Rd, so I'm not sure what the mailing address technically is).  Also, always good in a pinch is Homestyle Desserts in Peekskill. They don't do chocolates to my knowledge, but the women there have always accommodated last minute requests we've had both personally & for work. Good luck!! 
  • Go to Lucas Candies on Main Street in Haverstraw (Rockland County). My sister got my chocolate favors there personalized with our picture for my bridal shower, now I use them for everything! Not only are they super creative but the chocolate is amazing! I am sure if you called them today they might be able to make something work for this weekend!
  • thanks fay and mmarsden! we tried Joseph's and they cannot accommodate us, we are waiting to see if Lucas Candies can help us out now. Homestyle doesn't make chocolates :(
    We may get cupcakes from the bakery making our cake, but we wanted something different since we are basically getting cake for our wedding. Fingers crossed, and thanks thanks thanks!

• I second Lucas Candies in Haverstraw. They did the favors for my engagement party and bridal shower & everything was delicious! I hope they can help you out! Good luck!
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing about October-Yankees Playoffs! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You are very welcome! I LOVE Lucas Candies! My mother in law gets all the kids Easter baskets there every year, we always go to them for chocolate favors, holidays, etc...I have used them many times! And I am a chocolate lover! They are great! I really hope it all works out well for you! Good luck!
  • why don't you go to any Godiva location and order them there. I am not sure how much you want to spend but they have single boxes with one chocolate for $1.-
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards