North Carolina-Outer Banks

MakMUA canceled

Wedding isn't for a while - but Alison Harper & Co just sent me an email saying they needed to let go of some people due to "lack of professionalism, quality, and reliability". The other makeup artist who does airbrush is booked already. I'm so pissed because I was originally going to go with her, but I chose this place instead.

I really wanted airbrush - but is it a big deal if I just get regular makeup? I've heard a bunch of reasons as to why airbrush makeup is better - but for those who didn't have it and got married in the summer, did your makeup stay on most of the night??

Re: MakMUA canceled

• Sorry - title should just read MUA canceled
  • I did not use airbrush. I'm not a big foundation/concealer kind of person. From a little bit of crying, my eye make up did smear a little bit, but most of my foundation was still in place when I took my make up off that night, I think I used at least 2 make up remover cloths to get it all off.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That's good to hear @ksj10032782 - I have just always heard that airbrush was the "be all and end all" of makeup. So now that it's not really an option anymore - I'm a bit nervous!
  • I had my make-up done by Bombshell's, and it stayed on the whole night and was still on the next morning.  Their make-up artist did a really beautiful job and made my face look totally flawless.  Even after some crying during the ceremony, it wasn't even smudged.
  • I just got married on July 23rd and also had my makeup done by Bombshell's.  By the end of the night I looked just as I had when I first got it done and I had dropped a few tears during the day.  If you go with regular makeup you should be fine! :)
  • okay! I'm feeling much better. thanks guys!
  • I had my makeup done at hairoics and my wedding and reception both were outdoors! I was so busy that day, I didn''t even have time to think about crying! Obviously, you're going to sweat a bit, but the makeup held up fine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards