Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

program question

So we are doing our programs through a seller on Etsy, and I had a few questions on the wording.

First, if it is a Catholic mass (thus, Catholic priest), is he listed as "priest" or "officiant" or does it not matter?

Also, what is the proper order for listing parents, grandparents and bridal party. Anyone else I am forgetting??

Thanks!

Re: program question

• edited December 2011
    I would say "Officiant"- Rev. So and So

I listed my parents, then grandparents, followed by MOH and BM, ending with BP.

Don't forget your ring bearer and flower girl, soloist (if having one) and organist/pianist.

GL!
    Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• JamieK1882JamieK1882 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have 2 singers. How would you say that..just Katherine and Lawrence..vocalists?
  • edited December 2011
    Duq is right. Officiant, then list him as Rev so and so.

You would do your parents, his parents, your grandparents, his grandparents, MOH, Best Man, BMs, GMs. Females before males.
    CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
  • gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also going to list my reader(s) on the programs b/c I think they are also an important part of the mass.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_program-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:116Discussion:bb96b29b-834b-461f-b245-b87ee2d6b63dPost:082155ef-698a-4553-862b-e9ff421914a3">Re: program question</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have 2 singers. How would you say that..just Katherine and Lawrence..vocalists?
    Posted by JamieK1882[/QUOTE]

I had a singer and listed her as a Soloist. Vocalists would work.
    CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
  • JamieK1882JamieK1882 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok, back to the priest though. He goes by Father George, not Reverend....does that change anything?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_program-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:116Discussion:bb96b29b-834b-461f-b245-b87ee2d6b63dPost:ca80dd1b-acc9-4e79-8aec-acf54123b70f">Re: program question</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok, back to the priest though. He goes by Father George, not Reverend....does that change anything?
    Posted by JamieK1882[/QUOTE]

No, his proper title is Reverend, so you want to write it formally. Kind of how your mom might go by Mary, but you'll list her as Mrs. So and So. KWIM?
    CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_program-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:bb96b29b-834b-461f-b245-b87ee2d6b63dPost:fce27926-2718-46a7-9915-cc6b64a0da29">Re: program question</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: program question : No, his proper title is Reverend, so you want to write it formally. Kind of how your mom might go by Mary, but you'll list her as Mrs. So and So. KWIM?
    Posted by Nunu&Eddie[/QUOTE]

<div>Unless he is a Very Reverend (like ours was).  If you are unsure as to what his title is, call the parish rectory.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards