Flowers
Options

Planning from afar, how do I do flowers?!

Hey guys!  I am currently planning from four states away due to my fiances temp. work assignment.  How on earth do I manage flower appointments?  I have never been in a florist meeting and not sure what goes on in it.  Is it something I can just take care of via email and pictures, etc or do I need to make a special trip back to do this?

Re: Planning from afar, how do I do flowers?!

• Options
    I was in DC when I ordered flowers in England.   Basically I did a lot of research and settled on the person I really wanted to do my flowers.  I then asked if I could put down a "save the date" deposit, which I did.  When I finally got to England, we had a meeting, but it isn't strictly necessary.  You could send ideas back and forth over email, and send her/him a check right before the wedding.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you very much for your response!
  • Options
    You'll be fine. We planned remotely also. If you have an opportunity to visit, I would schedule a few minutes with them in person to touch base and ensure you're on the same page. Can you skype? If not, I think email is fine. Just make sure you're extra clear on what you want since you won't be showing them in person sizes, ribbon types, or pointing to things in a book. KWIM?
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    flower_divaflower_diva member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited August 2013
    get your pintrest files sent to the florist you choose and go from there. I have done weddings where the first face to face meeting was when the bride walked in the church......
  • Options
    I am planning a Destination Wedding and have been contacting my potential florist through email.
    She created her own pinterest inspiration board based on descriptions and images that I too have saved on pinterest. From there I narrowed down my favorite ideas from pinterest and she created a potential itemized list from there. 
    I will try to meet with her before the big day.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards