Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

How to include loved ones who can not make wedding

We would like to include my grandfather and godmother in our special day however because of Alzhiemers and health conditions both will not be able to attend our destination wedding. We are looking for ideas to either include them or celebrate at home prior to the wedding.

Re: How to include loved ones who can not make wedding

• Options
    My FI's grandmother won't be at our wedding for the same reason. I'm getting him on of these to pin on the inside of his jacket... 

• Options
    Is Skyping the ceremony an option? I think someone on here actually visited her grandmother in a nursing home in her wedding dress the same day, and I think that's great if it's an option. Otherwise, bring pictures to share.
  • Options
    Send your godmother a duplicate of your bouquet on the day. Call your grandfather just before you walk down the aisle.
  • Options
    You can carry or wear something associated with them, call or visit them shortly before or after the wedding, provide them with flowers, a special book of photos, other keepsakes, or a special video of the wedding, or perhaps bring them specially set aside pieces of wedding cake or other desserts served if they can eat them.
  • Options
    My grandmother will not be able to make it to our destination wedding as she is too ill to for the trip. I was planning on using facetime/skype. An aunt or close cousin will hold the iphone at the ceremony and we will ask a nursing home attendant to set up my grandmother with the ipad. I think the iphone will be less intrusive to the other guests than an ipad. Also, the volume can be lowered or muted so there will be little feed back from my grandmother's end. We will probably use a wifi hotspot device as the ceremony is in a park. I'm planning on doing a test run with my mom. My grandmother and I are very close and she has no idea. I know she will be so happy that she will get to see the ceremony.
  • Options
    My grandpa and great grandma were not able to travel to my wedding. The next time I was back home, I brought our wedding video to watch with them, along with the wedding album I made for my mom to show then pictures.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards