February 2014 Weddings

Feeling dragged down from Annulment Process

I tried starting the process in February due to fi's parents and my grandmother hinting towards wanting it to be a church wedding. The first month they told me I didn't need to do it because the first marriage wasn't valid due to the Pastor never giving permission for us to be married since my ex was a different religion. Then in March they go to say that's not true and now I have to complete the process. So I pay the $200 processing fee and write my 20 page dissertation on all the questions they asked. My three witnesses complete theirs, and my ex does his. The deacon tells me he is submitting it based on immaturity on my ex's part. He is only there once a week so this goes from April to the end of May. 

They deny it and state that I have to approve that our marriage therapist to be contacted for her opinion and that I have to write another statement to convince them that this deserves to be annulled. The deacon is basically telling me I have to lie and say I was immature on my part as well and that we didn't take our vows seriously. This starts in June and they give her 2 months to not answer even though I suggested they not wait so long. Then the deacon leaves the archdiocese and doesn't tell me so the case is assigned to no one. then they tell me I have to give them a check for $150 to have their therapist review the case. To just have the priest at my church tell me that to get married in march we would have to start preparing in September because it has to be six months preparations and we cannot start that until they approve the annulment. So I went through all that wasted the money for them to drag their feet and for them to just say well you aren't going to make it in time.

It was so draining to complete their questionnaire, and then write another statement, pay the money not knowing how long it will take or if they would even grant it, call them once a week, and also hound our priest at our church just as often. Now its time to look at other options. **Le Sigh** 

Re: Feeling dragged down from Annulment Process

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards