Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

**SHANNOPIN COUNTRY CLUB**

Does anyone know anything about this reception site? Has anyone been to a wedding/had their wedding here/having their wedding here? (forgive the run-on)

I'm looking for some more information on past experiences and what the club is like for weddings.

Any insights you can provide would be helpful!!

Thanks in advance!

Re: **SHANNOPIN COUNTRY CLUB**

• dbpsu18dbpsu18 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was at a wedding there a few years ago. It was an early November wedding and I really liked the venue. The room was a great size.. i think she had approx 200 people there? but i'm actually terrible at estimating those types of things. We had cocktail hr out on their patio which overlooked the golf course, and you were able to go out on that patio during the reception as well. It was extra special because that weekend was the Pittsburgh 250 celebration and there were fireworks dowtown which you could see off in the distance when out on the patio! Very cool!

The food i think was ok.. nothing special if i remember correctly. It was also pretty easy to get to. 

HTH! 

• edited December 2011
    We visited this location when we were searching for a reception site.  We weren't impressed, mainly for a lot of little reasons.  Wallpaper was peeling in areas, carpets were stained, chairs had tears in them.  Lots and lots of little problems.  For the price that they wanted, we knew we could find something better elsewhere, which we did (our reception was at the Grand Concourse).  Yes, the room was large, but to us little details mattered.  We figured that if they couldn't take care of fixing the little details, how much effort would they put into making sure that our reception was perfect.
  • amy727amy727 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My shower is going to be there.  They just recently renovated within the past few months so they have new decor.  I haven't been there since they've renovated, but my mom said it's gorgeous. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards