Florida-South Florida

Need help finding venue on water!

meganmraemeganmrae member
First Comment
edited August 2013 in Florida-South Florida
I have been having the hardest time finding a venue for June 7, 2014... My fiancé and I are paying for the entire wedding ourselves with around 80-150 guests (a lot of people will be possibly coming from out of town so we really don't have an accurate number yet) so we would love to have a venue that allows self catering and for us to bring our own alcohol.

I really wanted something near the water (not actually on the sand) but either on a courtyard/paved area or even just a grassy area overlooking the intercoastal (actual beach would be fine too... those places tend to get very windy though). We're also open to rooftop with water views.

We're open to ANY type of venue (except a cruise) we've tried to find private houses but none of them have good outdoor ceremony areas. We've been looking as north as West Palm Beach and as south as Miami. If anyone has any ideas, I would greatly appreciate it!

Re: Need help finding venue on water!

• The only venue I can think of is the Spanish River Library.  They are on the intercoastal and you bring everything.....I mean everything.  If that is what you want, then I suggest contacting them.  Click for images of weddings at the library.

SoFla September Siggy - Hair Inspiration imageimage
  • Thank you! The spanish river library is GORGEOUS! That is actually one of our maybes, and we're planning to try and visit next weekend.. I called them last week and I was told we could not self cater.. we would have to hire a licensed caterer, but at least a caterer would be less expensive than any hotel!

They also told me that they don't do summer weddings outside since it's too hot, and that everything would have to be indoor. Has anyone else had that issue? I also couldn't find any pictures of ceremonies or receptions indoor.. I only saw the rooftop and the outside patio? If anyone has actually had their ceremony/reception there I would love to hear more :)

Thank you for the suggestion :)
  • Another one is the Miami Rowing Club. Have you contacted them?
    SoFla September Siggy - Hair Inspiration imageimage
  • Check out Fort Lauderdale Area there are a lot of hotels on the beach.
  • Thank you PriscyScraps! I'll check out that one :) it looks gorgeous!!

and mandibride2be.. most hotels require you to use their catering which is very expensive, so I was trying to stay away from them
  • Hi there! I'm on the same boat... lol still venue hunting for the right place and the right price! haha
    Have you checked out Thalatta Estate or Deering Estate? Thalatta is reopening next month and they are going to have a bridal expo. Both venues post all site fees online. Not sure what your budget is but those venues are beautiful. Also, Shane Center is on the Bay- view towards Downtown Miami.
    Let me know how it goes! 
  • Have you considered renting one of the yachts/ships.  I know there are some that are specific for party rentals like weddings.  They will cruise the intracoastal during the function.  No idea how much the cost is, but it may be worth looking into.  :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards