Knottie Tech Help
Options

Viruses

Hey Knot Gods, did you know that TK is giving a lot of people viruses on their computers? It specifically happens when going into the community. We have two different virus protections on our work computers and I still got it. From this site. Once I got my computer back from IT and tried again, I got another warning that this website is tanted. Can you also have your IT people look into it?

Re: Viruses

• Options
    My guess would be that there's a corrupt ad in the Google Ads server. Blech.
  • Options
    Hi Stina, I am sorry to hear this is still happening. I will send this over to Tech to let them know.
  • Options

@KnotPorscha Is "tech" actually doing anything about this? This is the 4th thread in the past few weeks about this. This is a huge issue and it is compromising the safety of your users. It should be top priority. Every tech company I've worked for would have people working around the clock to fix this problem.

• Options
    I'm having the same problem; I keep getting a pop-up that my virus software tries to block.  Sometimes, I get completely kicked off the site in order to protect my computer.  It happens when I go into the community and back and forth between threads.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Yes, we're still waiting on an update from them but we have made them fully aware of the problem.
  • Options
    I think something this big the tech people should be on that so fast. I agree with PP it is compromising people's safety. I refuse to go on TK on my home computer until this gets fixed.

• Options
    I'm having the same problem; I keep getting a pop-up that my virus software tries to block.  Sometimes, I get completely kicked off the site in order to protect my computer.  It happens when I go into the community and back and forth between threads.  The website that comes up as being blocked says www.xoedge.com.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    So IT can easily remove the Flag button, but cant figure out why its sending viruses to a lot of people?

• Options

@KnotPorscha @KnotJackie So like @Stina51286 said IT can easily remove the flag feature at the drop of a hat. And they have time to push an update on the checklists, but apparently this isn't important. Here is one I just got. This is stupid. It is a major issue. Checklists and vanity features can wait.

• Options
    @KnotPorscha, KnotJackie, KnotCarly, whoever. WHY ISN'T THIS FIXED YET????

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Hey @Stina51286! I completely understand your frustration. I will continue to follow up until the problem is solved.
  • Options
    I'm starting to think 'tech' is a roomful of baboons with PCs. 
  • Options
    Have they written Shakespeare yet?
  • Options
    I e-mailed the knot customer service dept. We'll see if that gets anything done.

• Options
    Does this affect phones?
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    @Grabows14 Most likely not, but it would depend on what type of phone (operating system) you have. Most of the viruses are geared toward hitting the largest group possible which is generally Windows users. This isn't to say that there aren't viruses that hit other groups of users, but it is the most common because it has a huge user base.

• Options
    Thanks @staar987 for the reply, I have an android btw
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    @Grabows14 You're welcome! You should be fine, but no guarantees! Android doesn't have many viruses at this point. My husband is a software engineer on Android products so he has to know that kind of stuff.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards