Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Vendor Reviews From 8/4 Wedding

Venue:  New Hazlett Theater      A+
Alex at New Hazlett was great to work with.  He was great about helping us set up a timeline for the wedding day, and co-ordinate how things would work best.  A plus to having the wedding at the theater is we were able to utilize their sound equipment and lighting, both of which were a huge hit.  Since the theater is in the Northside there is no parking for guests.  However street parking is free after 6, and people did not seem to have too much difficulty finding a spot.

Catering: Yes, We Cater            A+ 
We went with this caterer because we had seen them in action at a friend's wedding a few years ago and had been impressed with their work.  I was just as thrilled with what they did with our wedding.  Yes, we cater doesn't just make amazing food, they also set up all of our decorations before the wedding, and tore everything down after.  Having them on board was almost like having our own wedding coordinator, they were awesome.  For food we did a buffet with 3 serving stations. pasta, salad, and a PIttsburgh table.  They were great about working with us to come up with a menu to accomodate the fact that we would have a large number of vegetarian friends in attendance.  I would recommend Yes we Cater to anyone getting married.

Photography:   The Pro's Photography      A
We used Rich with The Pro's Photography.  Rich was good at thinking "outside the box" with some of his ideas for photos, which are amazing.  He was also able to work with us on our request to get a group shot of everyone at the wedding.  We love the fact that within a week of the wedding we had a disc with all of the pictures on it, which we have full ownership of. 

Hair:  Salon Nuvo Downtown        A+++
This place is amazing.  Since I and my bridesmaids are from out of town, we weren't too familar with hair places in Pittsburgh.  This place turned out to be incredible.  My stylist was able to work with me to figure out what would work best.  I ended up with my hair down but with curls, which she then clipped up until the ceremony.  This was a very long process, took over an hour, and yet the salon only charged $30!  I absolutely love my hair in all of my wedding pics!

Hotel:  The Inn on Mexican War Streets        A+
We did our room block for some of our out of town guests at the inn, as well as my DH and I stayed here.  This place is small (only 7 rooms total).  The inn reminds me more of a bed and breakfast, it is privately owned, and all of the rooms are uniquely decorted to give them a vintage feel.  Two of the rooms are suites with kitchenettes.  In the mornings there is a full breakfast bar, including eggs, waffles, fresh fruit, etc.  All of our guests that stayed here said they really enjoyed it.  The only con is there is no parking, but I did not have trouble finding parking right in front of the hotel on the street.
PersonalMilestone Daisypath Anniversary tickers image

Re: Vendor Reviews From 8/4 Wedding

• Happy to hear you had a great wedding! I was thinking of taking a tour at the Hazlett Theater.  Did you have a wedding coordinator to help set up your event or did they on-site coordinator and your caterer do it for you?

• Congrats!!!! Glad to hear your wedding was such a success! And especially about the hair-- that is the least expensive price I have seen!!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_vendor-reviews-from-84-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:be1f9dd0-83ce-4939-8434-94391f46dd4ePost:d922ac08-30d4-4ddd-abc0-bec16e4a0e31">Re: Vendor Reviews From 8/4 Wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]Happy to hear you had a great wedding! I was thinking of taking a tour at the Hazlett Theater.  Did you have a wedding coordinator to help set up your event or did they on-site coordinator and your caterer do it for you?
    Posted by cma212[/QUOTE]
    I did not use a wedding coordinator.  Alex at the New Hazlett Theater helps coordinate weddings and he would be the contact person you would talk to at New Hazlett.

Honestly between the caterer and the coordinator at New Hazlett I didn't really see the need for a wedding coordinator.  I'm not really sure what more they would have done that wasn't already being taken care of.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_vendor-reviews-from-84-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:be1f9dd0-83ce-4939-8434-94391f46dd4ePost:2ad9ab7b-0686-4fc2-ad5e-f7f0d0a21ab6">Re: Vendor Reviews From 8/4 Wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats!!!! Glad to hear your wedding was such a success! And especially about the hair-- that is the least expensive price I have seen!!!
    Posted by futurekehrs[/QUOTE]
    If anyone is getting married in the Downtown or Northside area I would highly reccomend they check out this place!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards