Wedding Party
Options

Incorporating a VIP

I have a great friend who was my top choice to be a bridesmaid. The only reason she isn't is because she is in the military and didn't know until yesterday (~3 weeks before the big day) that she can even attend. Well, the good news is she can attend and now I'd like to think of some way to include her. Its too late (with dress fittings, logistics, etc) to make her a bridesmaid but do you all know of any other way to incorporate non- family "VIPs"? Maybe a special thank you in hubby and I's welcome speech? Please let me know your thoughts!

Re: Incorporating a VIP

• Options
    Jdevlin88 said:
    I have a great friend who was my top choice to be a bridesmaid. The only reason she isn't is because she is in the military and didn't know until yesterday (~3 weeks before the big day) that she can even attend. Well, the good news is she can attend and now I'd like to think of some way to include her. Its too late (with dress fittings, logistics, etc) to make her a bridesmaid but do you all know of any other way to incorporate non- family "VIPs"? Maybe a special thank you in hubby and I's welcome speech? Please let me know your thoughts!

she could be a reader. Most everything else is a work or made up position. You could ask her to join you getting ready.
  • Options
    Is there a way she could wear a dress in the same color and still be a BM? Then all she would have to do is be at the ceremony.

Otherwise like @NYCMercedes said, she can be a reader. Remember that it's an honor to be a guest as well. I'm glad your friend will be able to join you!
  • Options

if you relly want her to be a BM, have her check eBay for the bridesmaid dress...if it's a fairly common designer you'd be surprised at how much is available and can be delivered within days!  And most of the time when i bring things to a seamstress, they are completely able to rush it and have it ready in 3-4 days if necessary.

The only positions of honor are BM and reader.  anything else is work.  i do agree that you could invite her to he "getting ready" party.  that would be nice.

• Options
    I agree with @KeptInStitches and @delujm0; consider tracking down a dress in a similar color/style, or the same dress on eBay. Alternatively, could she wear mess dress? Obviously, she'd stick out, but it would be a nice way of acknowledging that she's in the military, and would help people understand why she's not dressed in the same dress as the other bridesmaids. Plus, if she's not gonna match, why not not-match in style?
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    I would have her be a BM in a different dress.  Honoring a close friend is so much more important than matching dresses.  
  • Options
    You could have her be a reader, but honestly I'd probably just ask her to go buy a dress in the same length as the BMs in a similar or neutral color.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards