Flowers

Am I planning to hand out too many boutonnieres and corsages?

Ugh...I'm trying to figure out who needs boutonnieres and corsages. Here's my list: Men: Groom, the dads, ring bearer, honorary groomsmen (my 2 young nephews), groomsmen, ushers, my grandpa, my moms significant other, my great uncle who is like a grand parent, and the officiant who is a friend of ours. Women: the moms, grandmas, my great aunt who is like a g-ma, my SIL-to be (she's from another country and is not used to American customs so she's not in the wedding), my stepmom, my step grandmother, 2 readers, my coordinator (who is a friend and worked free of charge), guest book attendant, and program attendants. Gosh that seems like a ton! But I would feel awful if I'm leaving anyone out!! I'm doing my own so cost is minimal, it's just time consuming. Plus maybe I'm going overboard! The girls handing out programs and stuff for the guests to throw after the wedding are kids (age 10 and under) and there are 4 of them. Thinking they prob don't really need one but they are a part of the day so do I include them too?? I'm going crazy.

Re: Am I planning to hand out too many boutonnieres and corsages?

• You can give corsages and bouts to anyone you want. But I am sorry to say but having a guest book and program attendant are crap jobs and so are honorary groomsmen (why couldn't they have just been groomsmen?). I understand that you may have wanted to include all these special people but these aren't honors they are jobs and guests should never have to work at your wedding. Also most people are smart enough to know to grab a program when they walk into the ceremony and they also know how to sign a guest book without any need for an attendant.

• Thanks for your reply Maggie but my honorary groomsmen are 8 and 7. So I don't really think they see it as crap jobs :( I wanted to include my 3 nephews as the youngest (age 3) is my ring bearer that is all I could think of to include the other two and they are actually excited to be up front with the guys and be a part of their Mimi's day. The program and guestbook attendants are my cousins kids. The guest book girl is 13 and is also happy to play a part in the wedding and the program kids are age 6-8. They all did it at my other cousins wedding and loved it. I see what you are saying about older guests thinking those may be crap jobs but to the kids, they are actually excited to have a part of the wedding. My question was more or less would you supply corsages to all those people?
  • @ReedMyLips - why do you have to call them honorary?  They are doing the same thing as the other groomsmen so I really don't understand the additional word in their title.

As for the other jobs that the kids are doing, my feelings are still the same.  Yeah kids may be more excited about those jobs then adults but they are still completely unnecessary.

And like I said in my first post it is completely up to you who you give corsages and bouts to.  If you want to give them to everyone then that is fine.  If you don't then that is fine too.  I do think that your two nephews that are groomsmen should get bouts just like the other groomsmen since they are all the same thing.  And kids, especially girls love getting flowers/corsages.

• It is up to you who to give corsages and boutonnieres to.  However, I think it is relatively "normal" to buy boutonnieres for the groom, groomsmen, fathers, and perhaps grandfathers.  As for the corsages, mothers and perhaps grandmothers typically receive them.
  • You might call them junior groomsmen, instead of honorary to clear up confusion. I think it's great you including them.
    I'd probably get everyone you listed a bout or corsage. As well as any readers or soloists - people who go up front during the ceremony - if you have any.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• I'd just call them "groomsmen."  They're doing the same job as the adult groomsmen, they don't need to be called honorary or junior.

Flowers can go to anyone you want, but I'd probably pass them out in circles.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • Calling someone "junior" whatever is pointless.  It just points out their younger age which is apparent when you look at them so why have to point it out.  They are doing the same exact thing as the other groomsmen so they should be given the same title.

• I've been thinking about this recently as I'm making the boutonnieres and corsages as well (fabric and ribbon flowers). Basically, I divided people into two groups - the wedding party and then honored guests. Wedding party includes Groom, Groom's Dad (also Best Man) and Mom, Groomsman (my younger brother), my parents. Honored guests include Groom's brother and sister, Groom's brother-in-law, groom's 18 y.o. nephew (if he can make it), and my older brother.
    I'm also making fascinators for groom's nieces (13 and 15). 

What I'm doing, however, is giving "honored guests" the option if they want to wear them or not. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards