Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

scars

Does anyone have any recommendations for getting rid of scars? I have 10 months until my wedding, so time is on my side. Not necessarily looking for a quick fix, but a fix. It's not on my face, but I have a bit of scars on my one arm, both from me burning myself with the oven and from my puppy. The puppy one is more of the concern though since it is the whole length of my upper arm.. gee thanks pup! 
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: scars

• I don't know that I buy into any of the scar treatments advertised, but I would try one for a short time. I think your best bet would be to visit a make up artist and discuss concealing the scar.  Also, remember that photos will be touched up to remove any marks, so the pictures will be beautiful anyway.
  • I don't know that I buy into any of the scar treatments advertised, but I would try one for a short time. I think your best bet would be to visit a make up artist and discuss concealing the scar.  Also, remember that photos will be touched up to remove any marks, so the pictures will be beautiful anyway.
    very good point, gotta love Photoshop!
  • Medirma worked for me to reduce the size of my scar.  It's right on the side of my hand by my thumb.  I made sure my photographer knew I didn't want it shown, so she made sure to work around that area of my hand.  Depending how wide your scar is, I don't know how effective the medirma will work.  Like I said, mine was pretty wide and it only helped make it smaller.  It was also pretty expensive and needed to be applied 4 times a day.

• Medirma worked for me to reduce the size of my scar.  It's right on the side of my hand by my thumb.  I made sure my photographer knew I didn't want it shown, so she made sure to work around that area of my hand.  Depending how wide your scar is, I don't know how effective the medirma will work.  Like I said, mine was pretty wide and it only helped make it smaller.  It was also pretty expensive and needed to be applied 4 times a day.

Thanks for the info. It's really thin, but long.
  • Try snail slime. I know it's gross and a bit hard to get a hold of, but it can work wonders. If you can't get it then they also sell snail cream at Walgreens where there is a big Hispanic population.
  • Try snail slime. I know it's gross and a bit hard to get a hold of, but it can work wonders. If you can't get it then they also sell snail cream at Walgreens where there is a big Hispanic population.

Really!?!

Really!?!
    Yes.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snail_slime

I'm not sure of the type wiki is talking about, but in it's pure forum when you put a lot on a scar everyday for months it can repair it. My grandmother got a flesh eating virus on her skin in her torso that left her skin pink (she was tan). A year later we heard of it and put it on her for two years and it was beginning to get her her normal skin back. This is with the pure slime though.

We use it for little scars too and it works best when they're fresh. If they're not it's no big deal but it'll take longer to heal and depending how bad it is it won't completely heal.

Please note that it doesn't do it over night and it takes a while before you see dramatic differences. Also, sometimes a bit of scarring may remain.
  • If you have the money, try going to a plastic surgeon.  I was burned at a wedding actually--I was steaming my bridesmaid dress and was bumped into.  The boiling water dripped onto my elbow crease and made burns the size of two half dollars.  It was painful and it scarred.  I was having a facial at a plastic surgeon's office, and she said they could treat the scar if it made me self conscious.  I left it alone though.  Time has made it less noticeable, so long as it doesn't get a lot of sun.  The sun makes it darker.  So, be sure you're covering it with sunscreen!  Also, if you can cover a tattoo with the Dermablend make up, I bet it would do great for a scar.  Supposedly Kat von D also has some kind of cover for tattoos, but I haven't had any friends vouch for it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards