Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Photog questions

So Fi and I are going to start meeting with photographers soon and I've found a few websites where they list questions you should ask but I was wondering if any of you had questions you wished you'd asked your photographer or things that you think would be important to know that aren't necessarily common sense/common knowledge. Thank you!
Anniversary

Re: Photog questions

• The most important thing to me was their style, which I could see from their online galleries. Then I wanted to get a feel for their philosophy and personality. Why do they like taking wedding photos? How do they get the photos they want? We really wanted someone who would focus on the emotion of the day and capture us authentically, so a more photojournalistic style with minimal posing or detail shots. I wanted someone with a clear artistic vision who wouldn't need a lot of guidance or art direction. And I wanted someone who seemed pleasant and wasn't going to be in our face the whole day. Our photographer captures every moment, but you really don't even notice she's there.
  • I asked if they were OK with my vetoing anything I wasn't happy with. There will be no jumping or pulling the B and G apart photos, things like that. My photog was fine with me saying no to any photos at any point with no fuss, we will just move on.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • AprilH81AprilH81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2013
    I asked my photographers what they considered "edited images".  For some that was a basic color correction and others would do some light photoshopping on an oily face or pimple.  It is always good to know what to expect.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • This may be a no-brainer, but make sure you can request any special pictures you may want. And when you do find someone, make sure you both have a list of must have pictures.

• - Style

- Ability to adapt

- Willingness to accommodate my taste

- Professionalism

- Package Cost

- Rights to print photos

-Include an engagement session (many will do this for free)

- Editing I can refer my photographer, http://jtruephotography.com/ he's been excellent. Happy to share my e-session with you.

Weddings aren't his primary business, but I absolutely love the weddings he's shot, and I love his artistic and professional photography work. I went to school with him, so I definitely know what he brings to the table. I was very glad that he included an engagement session so I could see what to expect. It was awesome, he went all the way to Portland for us to go to the Seadogs baseball stadium.

I had sent him some inspirational shots that I had in mind on pinterest and he really took that to heart and offered to bring certain props. He took a lot of test shots, adjusted for lighting, gave us lots of great ideas for poses and shots and made it incredibly fun. He made sure to include the types of shots I'd mentioned on the pinterest photos even when I forgot about them. The results were fantastic and he went above and beyond on the editing. FI is really sensitive about a missing tooth he has that showed on some photos and he added the tooth in to them for us...removed some blemishes on me..etc...  He had the preview to us the next day and the edited photos the same week.

imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.
  • Thanks everyone!

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards