Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

George Street Photo

Has anyone used this company for their wedding?  I am a little concerned because you don't actually meet the photographer, but you do meet a consultant and see lots of photos and have a lot of say in what the photographer does and doesn't do.  Anyway, would love some input....thanks!

Re: George Street Photo

• I'm not familiar with this company, but I would never hire a photographer I hadn't met first. They're going to spend a ton of time with you and your wedding guests, so it's important to find a person you get along with.
  • They advertise for photographers on craigslist.  So, if you wouldn't consider hiring a photographer from craigslist, maybe you wouldn't want to go that route.  I'm sure they're pretty well vetted though, I'd just wonder about the consistency. 
  • You don't get to meet the photographers because they're not staffers. They put someone on your wedding depending on whos available and tell you it's a match. They're an agency. Also by not meeting the photographer they can send anyone without you knowing. Even their samples are probably from other photographers and not the one you want.

If photography is important to you then deal only with owner/photographers who have their own studios.
  • I know this is an older thread but thought I'd chime in in case you haven't decided yet, but I've seen a lot of bad reviews and shady stuff for them. I personally wouldn't go with them.
  • maryemoo said:
    I know this is an older thread but thought I'd chime in in case you haven't decided yet, but I've seen a lot of bad reviews and shady stuff for them. I personally wouldn't go with them.

I totally agree..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards