Wedding Invitations & Paper

Printable invitations

What are your thoughts and/or experiences with printable invitations and other wedding stationary? My friend got her invites from Michaels and printed them herself and they turned out lovely. I don't feel like putting that much time/energy/money into just the invites as I personally don't feel they should be that important to the big picture. If anyone has any recommendations on a site for inexpensive or free wedding printables that would be great.

Re: Printable invitations

• I would recommend vistaprint.com.  They have many predesigned inviation suites.  They have sales all the time and groupons too.  I purchased all my wedding stationary from them using groupons and my sister is now doing the same for her wedding.  I recommend getting the free bridal sample kit, if you have time, to get a feel for the different paper weights.  I recommend upgrading your paper to the Matte Heavy Stock and also upgrading your envelopes.  The envelopes that are included for free are flimsy and see through, but if you upgrade them (usually not at a high cost), they are great quality envelopes.
  • What are your thoughts and/or experiences with printable invitations and other wedding stationary? My friend got her invites from Michaels and printed them herself and they turned out lovely. I don't feel like putting that much time/energy/money into just the invites as I personally don't feel they should be that important to the big picture. If anyone has any recommendations on a site for inexpensive or free wedding printables that would be great.

If you already own a high quality printer at home, certainly give the DIY a try.

It's not worth it if you don't have a good (by good I mean probably expensive) printer already.

• doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2013
    I received invites once to a wedding that were obviously DIY and to me they just screamed cheap.  Now, I am sure there are some nice ones out there, but you would have to buy special paper and would use a lot of ink.  I think either using vistaprint.com, weddingpaperdivas.com, or invitationsbydawn.com would turn out nicer and not be that much different price wise than printable invites. 
  • I used THESE printable invites from Target.  They were actually fairly easy to make and they looked great when they were all put together (we got them on sale when we bought them about 2 years ago).  Michaels & Hobby Lobby have similar kits and are great places to look since they regularly offer special coupons that can be up to 40% off a single item (if you need more than one kit, print more than one coupon and make a few trips).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards