February 2014 Weddings

Introduction and a question

Hi ladies! 

I wanted to introduce myself. I'm Amanda and I'm a 2/14 bride. We've recently set a date after considering pretty much every month possible, lol. It was finally decided when we learned that his grandparents met and then later were married on that day. We also started dating on 2/14. They had a long happy marriage, so we figured that had to be good luck. :) I'm kind of freaking out since it's coming up in 6 months and I'm just getting started with everything. I've got a lot to do!

A little about me, I've been married once before. That was short lived (1 and a half years). Honestly, I'm a little embarrassed that I am divorced, but I am thankful for everything that I learned from that experience about myself, relationships, and what I want out of life. It's also pretty helpful for planning this wedding. FI has never been married before. He's a great guy, and I'm super excited to be his wife. 

Right now I'm trying to figure out the guest list so I can get started on making save the dates. I was wondering if I could get some advice from you ladies on guest list things. Pretty much all of my friends are my co-workers. However, I don't hang out with all of my co-workers. I'm not sure what to do about invites. It would be awkward to invite half the department. I can't invite the whole department because there are two people I would rather die than have come to my wedding. One is my boss and he's super creepy and makes my skin crawl every time I see him. The other I once wanted to date and have since learned how dumb that would be. FI would probably punch him if he came to the wedding. I'm not sure how to invite my friends but not my boss and my other co-worker and make it not awkward at work. What would you guys do? 

If you want to get to know me more, feel free to ask me anything! 

(By the way, I have no idea why this post suddenly became double spaced)

Re: Introduction and a question

• hello and nice to meet you! i'm feb 8. i can't believe its getting so close! its hard to split up co-workers. we're dealing with that now too. i think it makes sense to invite based on the closeness of your relationship, but just know that others may feel left out. nothing you can really do about that. happy planning!
  • I'm Feb 1st! I a only inviting a few co-workers that I am closest with.  I think that people (especially in an office setting) understand that you can't invite everyone.
  • Thanks! I think I will go with the ones that I'm closest with. Hopefully there won't be any awkward fall outs. Our department is releatively close but I think it will all work out ok.

• cruffino said:
    hello and nice to meet you! i'm feb 8. i can't believe its getting so close! its hard to split up co-workers. we're dealing with that now too. i think it makes sense to invite based on the closeness of your relationship, but just know that others may feel left out. nothing you can really do about that. happy planning!
    We are sharing the same date ^_^ 

I have only been at my job for a couple of years now, I only feel close with a couple of them. Everyone else, not so much. Just with everyone else on my guest list, family & friends, I only invited those I was closest with. So just like everyone else, go with those you are closest with. Surround yourself with people who love and care about ya! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards