Wedding Party
Options

Is it ok to not have a bridal party?

My fiance has 2 sisters and I have 1 sister & 1 brother. Right now I am thinking about not having a bridal party because my fiances sisters do not get a long and I am afraid my brother will feel left out if he is not a groomsmen. Has anyone ever been to a wedding that didn't have a bridal party? My sister did not have a bridal party but I am just wondering if it is a common thing or not. 

Re: Is it ok to not have a bridal party?

• Options
    My fiance has 2 sisters and I have 1 sister & 1 brother. Right now I am thinking about not having a bridal party because my fiances sisters do not get a long and I am afraid my brother will feel left out if he is not a groomsmen. Has anyone ever been to a wedding that didn't have a bridal party? My sister did not have a bridal party but I am just wondering if it is a common thing or not. 

#1, It's okay to not have a bridal party

#2, It's not a requirement to ask siblings to be in the bridal party, but still have one. None of my DH's 2 sisters or 2 brothers were included and we had a wedding party of ten.

#3, Your brother can be on your side. Your FI's sisters can stand on his side. It doesn't have to be "boys on one side, girls on the other"

#4, You make no mention of friends. Or other relatives like cousins. Do you not have anyone else you'd like to honor?

• Options
    I don't have a bridal party. I didn't want to try to choose among my friends and family or worry about picking out dresses and all that jazz. 
  • Options
    Totally fine to have no wedding party.  You can also just have one person stand up with each of you.  I've seen this at several weddings and was the MOH at one.

Totally fine to not include your siblings in your bridal party but have one.

Wedding parties need not be divided by gender.

Don't worry guys, I have the Wedding Police AND the Whambulance on speed dial!
  • Options
    It's perfectly fine not to have a bridal party. It's also fine to include only the people you want to include. 
  • Options
    Highlighted = irrelevant.

If you choose to have a BP, pick a few of the most important people in your life to honor. They can be women, men, somewhere in between. It really should be the simplest part of the wedding but people make it so effing complicated.

And does your FI want groomsmen? Because that's not your decision.

Anniversary

• Options
    Your brother and sister can stand up for you on your side.
  • Options
    I'm not having a wedding party. We're having a really small wedding. And my fiance would have had 1 maybe 2 people he would ask.

I honestly am glad I do not have to worry about bridesmaid attire and all that stuff.

Discuss it with your fiance and make the choice that works best for you guys.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    You don't have to have a bridal party, and whoever you chose doesn't depend on whether they are a blood relative or not. My friend's husband chose his childhood friend to be his "best woman" instead.
  • Options
    You don't have to have a bridal party if you don't want one. With that being said you also don't have to ask someone to be in your bridal party because they share DNA with you or your fiancé.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards