Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Wedding favor-salsa jars

I should have probably posted this on the favor board, however, it looks like there isnt much action on that board.

We are doing 6 oz jars of salsa as our wedding favors and are trying to think of a cute saying for the tags. Let me know of some cute/funny sayings that y'all can think of please!

Re: Wedding favor-salsa jars

• Options

I should have probably posted this on the favor board, however, it looks like there isnt much action on that board.

We are doing 6 oz jars of salsa as our wedding favors and are trying to think of a cute saying for the tags. Let me know of some cute/funny sayings that y'all can think of please!

Your favors don't need a cute or funny saying. "Thank you for celebrating with us! Love, LVANHORN and FI" is just fine.

Is the salsa homemade or are you buying it? A list of ingredients is much more important, due to all of the food allergies and sensitivities people have.

• Options
    Thank you for the idea. However, we are putting a saying on our tag and just wanted to get some ideas on sayings.
  • Options
    GOOGLE? I LOVE SALSA.
  • Options
    A quick Google search shows "Spread the love" & "Keeping it spicy" as options. If you can't think of anything, a simple label or tag identifying it as salsa & reading "Thank you!" would do just fine. 
  • Options
    sparkles1111sparkles1111 member
    First Comment
    edited August 2013

love is the spice of life

thank you for celebrating our burning love

• Options
    "Adios and enjoy"
    "LVANHORN04 and Husband Keeping love hot & spicy since ____"
    "Muchas gracias" 
    "LVANHORN04 and Husband are too hot to handle"
    "Add a little spice to your life"

• Options
    itzMS said:

Your favors don't need a cute or funny saying. "Thank you for celebrating with us! Love, LVANHORN and FI" is just fine.

Is the salsa homemade or are you buying it? A list of ingredients is much more important, due to all of the food allergies and sensitivities people have.

Agree.  I want to know the ingredients, otherwise it's not coming home with me.
  • Options
    Well that would be one less jar of salsa i would need!! Most salsa's have the same ingredients especially if its a salsa made for canning.
  • Options
    Does the salsa tie in with the reception somehow? Is there a story behind why you are giving it out? If I got a jar of salsa as a favor I would wonder why I was getting a jar of salsa.

I agree with PP - no ingredients, not taking it.
  • Options
    Could you put your saying on one side and the recipe on the other side? That way you'll be showing the ingredients and also giving the recipe as a gift if people like it. 
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    LVANHORN04LVANHORN04 member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for the "ideas" I was just looking for sayings, not people questioning why i was giving it out or saying they wouldn't take it. If you dont have a saying like i was requesting don't waste either of our time by posting something else.
  • Options
    Thanks for the "ideas" I was just looking for sayings, not people questioning why i was giving it out or saying they wouldn't take it. If you dont have a saying like i was requesting don't waste either of our time by posting something else.

Well, maybe international public forums arent the right place for you
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Why becuase i was asking a simple question thinking i might get some ideas? yet everyone is questioning why i am doing something? All i was asking was for some cute sayings for bottle of salsa's i didnt realize it would cause a problem.
  • Options
    Why becuase i was asking a simple question thinking i might get some ideas? yet everyone is questioning why i am doing something? All i was asking was for some cute sayings for bottle of salsa's i didnt realize it would cause a problem.

It's a huge problem if you're not going to include the ingredients. It's not safe for the guests to take something and eat it (especially something homemade), not knowing what is in it.

Get over yourself.

• Options

OP -  If many people, who have absolutely no vested interest in your wedding, are telling you the same thing, it might be wise to consider it.  In actuality, I would probably would take your favor home so I wasn't rude in front of you, but if there's no ingredients it will hit the trash the moment I get home.  If you asked me how the salsa was a few weeks later, I'd probably tell you a white lie and say it was good. 

Point is, your guests are not going to tell you things that will make you feel bad.  We're here to give you honest opinions so you can avoid things like the above. 

Also, you cannot dictate how people post on a public message board.  If all you wanted was sayings, you could easily google it.

• Options

Thank you Joan.

My FI and i love mexican food as well as most of our friends and family! We are having mexican food catered for our reception this is why we are doing the cans of salsa! We thought it would be a cute idea to do as favors.

To make everyone happier it is not homemade and has the ingredients. I found a few cute sayings online but wanted to check here and see if any of these creative minds had anything else.

• Options

itzMS said:

It's a huge problem if you're not going to include the ingredients. It's not safe for the guests to take something and eat it (especially something homemade), not knowing what is in it.

Get over yourself.

That's a tad rude. If people are wary of the ingredients, they don't have to take one. It's not like Lvanhorn04 will be standing by the door shoving salsa down people's throats. 

I suppose she should also go to the trouble of listing the ingredients of everything she's serving, too. Because if someone was allergic to mangoes, they wouldn't know better than to not help themselves to the chicken with mango sauce. 
  • Options
    ElcaB said:

itzMS said:

Get over yourself.

That's a tad rude. If people are wary of the ingredients, they don't have to take one. It's not like Lvanhorn04 will be standing by the door shoving salsa down people's throats. 

I suppose she should also go to the trouble of listing the ingredients of everything she's serving, too. Because if someone was allergic to mangoes, they wouldn't know better than to not help themselves to the chicken with mango sauce. 

A guest will list any food allergies on their RSVP card, so the host would alert the venue and move on.

One wouldn't naturally assume that salsa has mango it in...but a homemade salsa very much could have mango. Or a guest may serve it in their home at a party...the list goes on.

Food allergies and food safety aren't things to mess with, and I don't appreciate people who shove them to the side like it's nothing. The OP later clarified that her salsa would have ingredients, but that wasn't before a thanks  but no thanks "most salsas have the same ingredients" statement relating to the good advice she received regarding the safety of her guests.

• Options
    ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2013
    itzMS said:
    ElcaB said:

itzMS said:

Get over yourself.

A guest will list any food allergies on their RSVP card, so the host would alert the venue and move on.

One wouldn't naturally assume that salsa has mango it in...but a homemade salsa very much could have mango. Or a guest may serve it in their home at a party...the list goes on.

Food allergies and food safety aren't things to mess with, and I don't appreciate people who shove them to the side like it's nothing. The OP later clarified that her salsa would have ingredients, but that wasn't before a thanks  but no thanks "most salsas have the same ingredients" statement relating to the good advice she received regarding the safety of her guests.

I'm not saying food allergies shouldn't be taken lightly. All I'm saying is, it's the responsibility of the person with allergies to watch out for these things. 

ETA: [Link] BOOM!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    It's the host's responsibility to not be an asshole. If you have so little respect for your loved ones, you should elope.

ETA: @ElcaB, are you an asshole when you have friends or family over for dinner? Like, if your best friend was a vegetarian, would you tell her to shove it or eat the chicken?

And do your in-laws know you don't give a shit about their health? Please tell them, and then come tell us about it.

Anniversary

• Options
    ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2013

It's the host's responsibility to not be an asshole. If you have so little respect for your loved ones, you should elope.

ETA: @ElcaB, are you an asshole when you have friends or family over for dinner? Like, if your best friend was a vegetarian, would you tell her to shove it or eat the chicken?

And do your in-laws know you don't give a shit about their health? Please tell them, and then come tell us about it.

It's her favor. People may take or decline to take them. That's all. And your analogy about the vegetarian is invalid. Once again, no one is forcing anyone with allergies or dietary restrictions to eat anything.

ETA: What do my in-laws have to do with anything?

I have dietary restrictions myself. When I'm not sure about what's in a dish, I say "No thanks," and leave it at that.

Also, there's no need to be so rude. In the same way you think it's bad etiquette to not include a list of ingredients on a wedding favor, I find it distasteful to insinuate strangers are assholes and treat people like shit. We all have differing opinions, but that doesn't mean we have to make snide comments and call names when we don't agree.
  • Options
    ElcaB said:
    itzMS said:
    ElcaB said:

itzMS said:

Get over yourself.

I'm not saying food allergies shouldn't be taken lightly. All I'm saying is, it's the responsibility of the person with allergies to watch out for these things. 

Of course.  But it would be kind, however, to list ingredients so the person with the allergy or dietary restriction knows whether or not he or she can eat it.  Heck, I have no food allergies but I still like to know what I'm eating.

OP - Glad to see the ingredients are listed.  I love salsa and it sounds like it ties in nicely with your wedding.

• Options
    JoanE2012 said:

ElcaB said:

itzMS said:

ElcaB said:

itzMS said:

Get over yourself.

Of course.  But it would be kind, however, to list ingredients so the person with the allergy or dietary restriction knows whether or not he or she
    can eat it.  Heck, I have no food allergies but I still like to know what I'm eating.

OP - Glad to see the ingredients are listed.  I love salsa and it sounds like it ties in nicely with your wedding.

You're absolutely right, Joan, in that including
    ingredients is a nice gesture. I was just trying to point out that is wasn't mandatory, that's all :)
  • Options
    two hot tamales

hot hot hot

Sweet hot love sauce (too risque?  sorry!)

Salsa Sweetheart Sauce

Or some play on your names....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards