Not Engaged Yet
Options

Wedding brain

suzie211suzie211 member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
edited August 2013 in Not Engaged Yet
So I'm 9 days out and apparently have a serious case of wedding brain.

We have a cleaning service come about once a month. Today was their day to come. Today I left the house with our alarm on. We purposefully have not given them our code. So they walked into quite the surprise. To make it better FI and I both got rid of our personal cell phones and are just using our work ones. And you guessed it, they only had our old numbers.

Good to know our alarm works!

ETA: stupid hungry TK

I'm sure displays like this morning will be too common in the next wk. Anyone else have a good brain lapse lately?
photo bridalparty.jpg
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Wedding brain

• Options
    Ha!  It happens, I forgot a ton of things right before the wedding.  You are just excited...and I can't wait to see pictures!
  • Options
    Um, TK ate the last half of my post, and it's not letting me fix it
    photo bridalparty.jpg
  • Options
    Ahhhhhh 9 daysssss. I could barely think straight those last 9 days. That story is funny, though how the heck did they end up getting in touch with you?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    @cu97tiger ADT called our landlord who sent us an email.   She was really hoping we did have a cleaning service.   I'm guessing she was pretty close to letting ADT call the police.   Chicago Fire is filming in my neighborhood so an actual call at the same time might have been funny.

I'm home to finish up some paperwork, and the alarm didn't scare them off from cleaning.  The dining room still looks like a wedding explosion, but the rest of my place is clean.  One less thing to worry about!
    photo bridalparty.jpg
  • Options
    @suzie211 - Don't worry, our home looked like a wedding explosion for about two months after the wedding.  We were both too lazy to do anything about it (even though clutter drives both of us crazy).
  • Options
    Ahh wedding brain. 9 days, you're so close! 

My apartment just stopped looking like a wedding threw up the other day and I've been married for almost 4 months. 

• Options
    minskat30 said:
    @suzie211 - Don't worry, our home looked like a wedding explosion for about two months after the wedding.  We were both too lazy to do anything about it (even though clutter drives both of us crazy).
    This is so us right now.   Every new present that arrives annoys the heck out of FI if it sits in a box on our dining table.  All the re-arranging is not fun, and I've been letting things sit in boxes until I get a couple and won't have to make room for stuff multiple times.   The piles are making me batty, but I'm just too tired to do anything more about them now.
    photo bridalparty.jpg
  • Options
    We had a spare bedroom with no furniture in it that was our 'wedding room.' That room did not get cleaned out until we moved 9 months later. Which means some of the stuff is still downstairs in my basement. Ooopsies.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    I have a feeling my dining room is going to be a little full for awhile;)
    photo bridalparty.jpg
  • Options

One, funny story.

Two, I shouldn't have read this post. Ugh! Im off work all next week, then a short week after, then we only have three full weeks of work where I'll need to prepare notes for the two secretaries since I only work two days in the beginning of October and wont be back until October 14.

Thanks, now I am freaking out!

• Options
    UGHH I can't wait until we are 9 days in.

That's too funny about the cleaning ladies! We are using my parent's closet in the upstairs office as our wedding storage facility. It's full and I will be adding more to it as time creeps closer. No one ventures in there anyways since my mom uses it to store my Dad's old Army uniforms.
  • Options
    I'm glad to hear I wasn't the only post-wedding procrastinator.  Just the sight of our dinning room table full of wedding stuff post-wedding made me cringe each day...but not enough to do anything about it for a while.  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards