Knottie Tech Help

Secret MODS?

2»

Re: Secret MODS?

• The only mods who were challenged, as far as I remember, were the mods that abused their powers and violated the TOS that YOU laid out. I can think of one incident where an excellent mod was challenged because she misunderstood YOUR instructions for banning trolls. YOU stood by and let her try to dig her way out of the situation, when YOU could have spoken up and possibly resolved the matter. But YOU didn't because YOU were using those complainers. And they didn't get any gift cards, they got banned without notice.

I wish I could give you a million love its!
    Thanks for the love its, what I really want is a bazinga!

• They are probably either newbs or people who have spoken out against THE CLIQUE. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • It's obvious they chose their secret mods carefully. What I mean is, they went after people they felt would keep their secret. Probably people who spoke out against stage and linger. Probably people who spoke out against our lack of puppues and rainbows. Basically, users who would rather conform to the wedding industry.

Not one reg has come forward as a member of the Super Secret Squad, yet.

I agree with pp that the recent influx of newbie cray cray brides probably has something to do with it. And I've said it before and I'll say it again... every zombie thread has been bumped JUST to validate the OP and to call us all rude. Not one ressurector has gone against the OP's rude idea. That was suspicious before and more so now.

• One poster came forward as having been asked on Etiquette.
  • Ok, I have this little scenario somewhere back in the depths of my mind: Last month KJ and KC secretly asked Stage and Linger if they thought this would be a good idea. When Stage and Linger replied, 'WTF', they were banned. Is this in the realm of possibilities?

Ok, I have this little scenario somewhere back in the depths of my mind: Last month KJ and KC secretly asked Stage and Linger if they thought this would be a good idea. When Stage and Linger replied, 'WTF', they were banned. Is this in the realm of possibilities?

• Ok, I have this little scenario somewhere back in the depths of my mind: Last month KJ and KC secretly asked Stage and Linger if they thought this would be a good idea. When Stage and Linger replied, 'WTF', they were banned. Is this in the realm of possibilities?
    Not impossible.

@KnotPorscha @KnotJackie this is a perfect example of what happens when things are done in secret.  All everyone can do is guess about what happened.  This will happen with secret mods.  Everyone will speculate about who they are.  If you're worried about out-in-the open mods getting abused or whatever, just know that by making mods secret you will also subjecting non-mods who people suspect are secret mods to that abuse.

And please answer my question:

How are these secret mods being selected?  What criteria are looked at?
    Don't worry guys, I have the Wedding Police AND the Whambulance on speed dial!
  • edited August 2013

Ok, I have this little scenario somewhere back in the depths of my mind: Last month KJ and KC secretly asked Stage and Linger if they thought this would be a good idea. When Stage and Linger replied, 'WTF', they were banned. Is this in the realm of possibilities?
    I have an idea. Lets ask TKs Magic Eight Ball: Did KP ask Linger and/or Stage to perform covert moderating for TK?

• staar987staar987 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited August 2013

Who thought this would be a great idea?

After mods were fired (and I got fired after a week even though they hadn't even explained how to work the new tools yet) I sent KP PAGES of spam from my local board. But I'm not asked... I'm not sure if I should be offended or happy that I wasn't asked to be part of the secret police.

And now you want to bribe these secret mods with gift cards? Why didn't any of the old hard working mods before ever get anything? They all just got a pat on the back with a pink slip.

Transparency is always best. I don't see how that isn't understood by now.

• Here's the link to the Magic 8 Ball, if anyone has a question:

• I don't want to be on Umbridge's side, but I guess I must in this scenario.
  • AddieL73 said:
    They are probably either newbs or people who have spoken out against THE CLIQUE. 
    That's what I'm assuming.

• NYCMercedesNYCMercedes member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited August 2013
    I wonder if these secret mods with their personal flagging buttons will be exempt from all the viruses, too. I wonder who we report to when we are being picked on by the secret mods. (Opps. bully is their word of choice for that behavior.) I wonder if they'll let kp go.
  • @knotporscha @knotjackie @knotirene

Do you have answers to any of the questions posed in these and similar threads? Please advise. Thanks.
    *********************************************************************************

• It's getting out of hand, honestly. What a cluster. The KG's either need to have a presence on the boards, or make visible mods. Bottom line.

I now have newbs threatening to "report" me for harrassment when I disagree with their speshul snowflakez ideaz instead of giving them suppotrz.

It would be nice to have a mod or a KG present to say, hey, newb, calm it down.

• @knotporscha @knotjackie -- In addition, these contentious threads are showing up as read for me, even when there are new posts --- is that a glitch or is that on purpose?

It's been doing that to me to.  The timing of glitches around here is very odd.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards