Honeymoon Discussions

Suggest your favourite AI

So on our road trip a couple of weeks ago, DH says, "Why don't we go somewhere hot over Christmas??"  Um, ok, twist my arm while you're at it.  Any suggestions??   We're on the west side of Canada, so everywhere is a flight.  We've done Hawaii lots, and got married there too, and we've both done Cancun several time too, so I'd prefer to avoid that area.  Any other suggestions??  Personally, I'd love to do Cuba, but I'm open to suggestions.  I want mostly lie on the beach/at the pool and read a book but I don't mind a day or two of touristy sightseeing stuff too.  Thanks!!

Re: Suggest your favourite AI

• Keep in mind that most resorts are either already sold out for the holidays or they impose minimum night stays that are typically 5-7 nights in length. Not sure of your budget,  but prices also sky rocket. Cuba may be the most cost friendly because us Americans can't get there easily, however, you might not get too much feedback on it. While this obviously an international board, many of the girls are from the US.

• I know prices will be high, but I teach, so my 2 weeks over Christmas are all I can get till summer.  I figured I wouldn't get too much feedback on Cuba, but I'm open to other places too, Pacific or Caribbean.  I'm up in Canada, so booking to Cuba is pretty easy, but you've made a good point that it might be cheaper.  Thanks!!  

• Again, depending on budget,  really like Zoetry Casa Del Mar in Cabo. I also like a few of the Secrets properties, like Maroma or Capri. Couples Swept Away in Negril is really nice, but I was looking at availability there in early December and they were already sold out for most of the month.

• Thanks for the suggestions Jells.  I'll start looking into those and see what I can find.  

• Honestly I would go with Cuba, less people (americans), cigars and better booze. The biggest change from other 'hot' places is that the price that you see is what you pay, Cuba doesn't barter. I have been to Mexico a few times and I really liked it but it gets tired.  

• Thanks you two.  I think we're going to Cuba.  I'm excited.  I've always wanted to see Havana, so this has been on my list for awhile 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards