Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Budget for centerpieces?

My venue has a two hour limit to set up decor and although I wanted to DIY my centerpieces I'm starting to think I'll need a florist that can also do delivery and setup. I'd need about 15 centerpieces and one sweetheart table. Any idea what kind of budget I should have in mind? I was thinking $30 or under per centerpiece and wanted to stay under $500. My decor is French provincial/vintage. Is this possible? If so, any suggestions on florists that can stick to this budget? Thank you!

Re: Budget for centerpieces?

• Options
    I would say that $30 for each centerpiece isn't going to get you much especially if you want to work with some of the nicer flowers like roses or hydrangea.  Did you want a florist who will just fill containers you have?  Maybe you should use just some candles on some tables to keep your costs down.  Your venue should be able to set those up for you.  And you usually have to pay a florist for set up and delivery.  Mine charges around $100 for that but I guess it depends on how far you're located from her.  I would think that you'd have to double your budget to get something nice from a professional florist for 15 tables, sweetheart table,and set-up and delivery.  But that's just my opinion.  I've recommended my florist to you before because she's so flexible but you'd have to contact her to see if your budget is possible.
  • Options
    Thank you! I'll see what I can do about my budget.
  • Options
    I was quoted $25 per centerpiece from my florist. I let him know that it is out of my budget. I am ordering bulk flowers from the florist ($3 per stem). I am going to use 2 small square vases with colored marbles and one hydrangea per vase on each table. My venue is providing a simple candle centerpiece (I asked if they had anything and they will set up the candles and include them at no charge!).
    With the candles and 2 vases, I am spending $9 per table (2 vases, marbles and 2 flowers).

I am using my bouquet for my sweet heart table as a decoration.
  • Options
    Which florist quoted $25 per centerpiece if you don't mind? This is my budget. Your centerpieces sound awesome!
    sarabopp said:
    I was quoted $25 per centerpiece from my florist. I let him know that it is out of my budget. I am ordering bulk flowers from the florist ($3 per stem). I am going to use 2 small square vases with colored marbles and one hydrangea per vase on each table. My venue is providing a simple candle centerpiece (I asked if they had anything and they will set up the candles and include them at no charge!).
    With the candles and 2 vases, I am spending $9 per table (2 vases, marbles and 2 flowers).

I am using my bouquet for my sweet heart table as a decoration.

• Options
    I decided to use baby's breath and the florist quoted me around $25 ea center pieces with vases. I needed about 24 centerpieces.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards